I can tolerate a little bit.
22%
Bring it on!
22%

Total votes: 9

GoDogGo

Gravel Roads...

Post by GoDogGo »

I'm working up a route for a rally for one of our future meetings. How does everyone feel about gravel roads? The route I have layed out has one stretch of just under 1 mi. that is hard packed gravel. I was able to drive at least 35 mph on it. It was pretty smooth and well maintained (for a gravel road).

If people don't want to do that, I can find an alternate route.

-Randy
Black-n-Blue-MSC

Post by Black-n-Blue-MSC »

Gravel roads :? I would avoid most, but if they are packed hard with very little loose gravel then I may consider. If the road just got grated, no way, to much loose stuff every where. I have done the "Death Ride" a 100 mile mountain bike ride and one year they just grated all the gravel roads that we ride on. Rocks where flying every where got hit a few times by rocks zinging off wheels and the bikes where very unstable. Not fun.
Santa

Gravel Roads

Post by Santa »

I probably will not be able to participate in many rallies so my vote does not carry as much weight as a regular participant. I will not knowingly take part in a rally which is routed on a gravel road regardless of how short a distance. Rock chips and dings are easy enough to pick up without going out looking for them. 8) 8)
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

OK, it looks like there are enough people that don't want a gravel road included (even if it is hard packed and in good shape). I'll work around it so it'll be all asphalt.

-Randy