New Mini....coming soon!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
chknlil

New Mini....coming soon!

Post by chknlil »

Hi All! I'm new to this Mini thing! I ordered a 2008 Cooper S yesterday. Can't wait to get it...only 6 weeks to go. UGH. Hope to join you guys on some cruises soon!

--Jeff
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Welcome and Congratulations on your order!!!! This could be the longest 6 weeks you will have to endure :wink:

Hope to see you and your new MINI at some of the drives after you pick it up.

Marlow Main
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Sweet dude, give us the details of the car! :D :D :D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Welcome! Hope to see you at some of the upcoming events--even before your MINI arrives! You can come admire the other MINIs/Minis!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

To paraphrase Curly: "And don't call me sweet dude!" :)
Bernard Cline wrote:Sweet dude, give us the details of the car! :D :D :D
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

2008 Cooper S.
Chili Red with Black Stripes (Todd's).
Manual Trans.
Only the convenience package.

The waiting is killing me!!!

Gotta sell my 2004 Pontiac GTO. From Guzzler to sipper!
saturn

Post by saturn »

chknlil wrote:2008 Cooper S.
Chili Red with Black Stripes (Todd's).
Manual Trans.
Only the convenience package.

The waiting is killing me!!!

Gotta sell my 2004 Pontiac GTO. From Guzzler to sipper!
Congrats and Welcome!
Good luck on selling the "guzzler", they haven't been selling all that well and blue-books have dipped a lot since the gas prices have gone up. I have a friend that want's to get rid of his 16mpg Ford F150 crew cab, and get a mini. Trouble is he won't get what is owed on the car so he's kinda stuck!
RojoCohete

Post by RojoCohete »

i believe that 04 gto is really a vette (drive train) under a goat's skin. great sleeper deal for those that want a true muscle car
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

DDodge wrote:To paraphrase Curly: "And don't call me sweet dude!" :)

I believe that we have a Airplane: The Movie reference :lol: :lol:
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

RojoCohete wrote:i believe that 04 gto is really a vette (drive train) under a goat's skin. great sleeper deal for those that want a true muscle car
Yep. Been a great car, but $130/week on gas is getting a little hard to stomach. Thus the order. Trying to sell it in 6 weeks! Don't want to trade it if I don't have too.

--Jeff
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

Bernard Cline wrote:
DDodge wrote:To paraphrase Curly: "And don't call me sweet dude!" :)

I believe that we have a Airplane: The Movie reference :lol: :lol:
And before that it was Curly, from the Three Stooges. I believe one of their female stars is singing "I'm in the mood for love."

"I'm in the mood for love, simply because you're near me - Funny, but when you're near me. . .

Curly: "Don't call me "funny butt." *sting* aka rimshot
carrie

Re: New Mini....coming soon!

Post by carrie »

chknlil wrote:Hi All! I'm new to this Mini thing! I ordered a 2008 Cooper S yesterday. Can't wait to get it...only 6 weeks to go. UGH. Hope to join you guys on some cruises soon!

--Jeff
Hi, Iam also new to this site and getting ready to order my new mini cooper s. Im curious what all did you order on your mini. Iam debating on what options I really need. I was working on my order and it got up a little high after all the options I picked I really havent had any advise from anyone about what you need and what you dont, any advise. Thanks.
Carrie
Bernard Cline

Re: New Mini....coming soon!

Post by Bernard Cline »

carrie wrote:
chknlil wrote:Hi All! I'm new to this Mini thing! I ordered a 2008 Cooper S yesterday. Can't wait to get it...only 6 weeks to go. UGH. Hope to join you guys on some cruises soon!

--Jeff
Hi, Iam also new to this site and getting ready to order my new mini cooper s. Im curious what all did you order on your mini. Iam debating on what options I really need. I was working on my order and it got up a little high after all the options I picked I really havent had any advise from anyone about what you need and what you dont, any advise. Thanks.
Carrie
Carrie-

Congrats on getting ready to purchase a new MINI :D I recently just purchased my MINI and I was also faced with the same problem. We have all gone through this problem with the website, where we know what we want but have exceeded our budgets and then start questioning our choices.

The only real answer I can offer is this.

If you are ordering new or buying off the lot make sure you are absolutely sure about what options you MUST have and what options you WANT to have, then look at your budget and see if you are over the budget. If you go over the budget a little, and you can afford it, then you will definitely be happier and have no regrets.

I was in that same position and I went over my budget by 10% but I am SSSSOOOOOOOOO happy with my choice. I know I would have regretted going more base model than getting a well-equipped model.

In considering all of that keep this one other point in mind; how long are you going to keep the car? If it is for a long time a more well-equipped vehicle might serve you better and keep you more satisfied over the long term verses going short-term. If you change cars every few years then stay within budget, otherwise you may regret going over it.

I don't know who you are working with, they are all great, I worked with Liz and she was really great and understood where I was coming from and that I had a budget to work with. Even though I went over she brought a lot of good points to my choice and gave me peace of mind mind in making my decision and being comfortable with it.

Good luck and let us know what you choose to do. :D
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Carrie-

What car and options are you considering and why, perhaps we can offer some helpful insight?
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

What do you guys think of the stability control option? Necessary? I ordered mine already but I'm having thoughts about this. I'm thinking it isn't really necessary on a FWD car.

I'm in / was in the same boat. Had to make a few cuts...wished I could have everything...Ended up with...convenience package only. Now I'm thinking about stability, xenon's, auto ac, and the limited slip! DANG IT. Tomorrow's my drop dead date to add anything. So I'm probably going to leave it as is. Hopefully I didn't mess up and not get anything I will really want later.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

We can only offer opinions of course, but I really appreciate the Zenon's - my eyes aren't that great especially at night, and they make all the difference in the world. We won't order another new car without them..........

I'm also very appreciative of my heated seats!

A lot of your decision making depends on whether this is your only car, daily driver, weekend track car or all of the above.........like mine is.

(Well, except for the only car thing, I do have a backup...............or two :lol: )
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Yes Dave does have some nice toys...poor ole' me I only have my R56 MCS and my wifes Explorer. :lol:

For what it is worth in my option let me say that as most people know from my blogging and signature line I do have quite a few options on Big Papi. That being said I agree with Dave on the Xenon lights, I am 39 and my eyes are not what they use to be at 19, the lights are a MUST for me along with the driving lights. Rally lights will be next!!!

Also I really, really love my heated seats!!!! I have used them so much since I got my car I couldn't imagine not having them. They don't just keep you warm, I have gone and worked out or been to the park on a run with my dog and the way the seats fit you and the heat they can put off really loosens up my back afterwards :wink: :roll: :!: .

The only option I was resolute on having if I couldn't find what I wanted in stock (I couldn't wait 2 months) was the sunroof. That was the clincher for me.

What vehicle and options are you looking at? What kind of dollar range (approx.)? Have you worked over the "Build your own MINI" option on the MINI website?
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

chknlil wrote:What do you guys think of the stability control option? Necessary? I ordered mine already but I'm having thoughts about this. I'm thinking it isn't really necessary on a FWD car.

I'm in / was in the same boat. Had to make a few cuts...wished I could have everything...Ended up with...convenience package only. Now I'm thinking about stability, xenon's, auto ac, and the limited slip! DANG IT. Tomorrow's my drop dead date to add anything. So I'm probably going to leave it as is. Hopefully I didn't mess up and not get anything I will really want later.
I have an 2007 MCS and he handles awesome, I don't need the limited slip. I have the DSC, it is always on I actually haven't drove without it, guess I should to know what it is like. If anytihing as I mentioned to the other blogger I agree with Dave if you can only get one thing get the Xenon lights.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I got several options on my 06S, but I must have configured it about 257 different ways before I finally placed my order. The only one I did pass on from my original options list was the limited slip. Even with spirited driving , I have not had any problems without it.

I think the option I appreciate the most is the clear protective bra . LOVE IT! I would never order another MINI without it.

As for the rest, sometimes it is easier and more cost effective to get the factory installed options you want up front. You can always add things like rally lights, ipod interface ect to make your MINI unique and perfect. Gosh, knows I would never have believed I would catch the mod bug, but sure enough it happened, right down to the summer tires and wheels. :wink:

What ever you decide it will be fabulous and yours. Good Luck
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

We can offer suggestions all day, ultimately it comes down to what you want. Just make sure you are comfortable and happy with your chioce.

Good Luck and tell us what you decided on.
carrie

Thank you

Post by carrie »

Hi and thank you for all your input. I am working with Stephanie at Baron. Tough decision on what to order but I like alot of you am designing several mini's on the miniusa site. I hope to join your club as soon as I get mine. Looks like it might be awhile though. Im trying to save up for the down payment and or sell a car or two. Which ever comes first Thanks again for your help.
Carrie
LittleRed

Post by LittleRed »

I got what they are now calling the sport and premium packages in my 2006 Mini Cooper S. I wanted the heated seats, sunroof, and factory bonnet strips. I love those options as much as I thought I would!!! :lol: When it comes down to it, you have to pick the things you want and think you can't live without. Like a sunroof on a day like today!!! Or heated seats in the middle of February!!!! And well bonnet strips are just COOL!! 8)
Good luck and welcome to the club.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Carrie-

Stephanie is great you will love her, they all take great care of the MINI owners/buyers. If you drove a Cooper and liked how fast it was try driving a Cooper S. That car will absolutely blow your mind it is so much faster!!!!

If you are not to picky on color or have a couple of different color options and you would be willing to choose from their in-stock inventory see if they have what you want, that way you won't have to wait for 6-8 weeks for delivery. Also, if you do order from the facory in England make sure you get the shipping or tracking number so you can follow it from inception to delivery at the dealership via the website, that is really cool.

Good Luck and email me if you have any other questions. Also register on the kcminiclub webiste for the membership it is free, with or without a MINI/Mini. Hopefully, we will see you at one of the up coming events, you do nto have to have your car to attend.

Happy Motoring...,

Bernard Cline
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Uh, Bernard? I think she's already registered on the KC MINI site, she's posting there and you're answering her there.......... :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Sorry :!: , my bad :roll: :dunce: