New Mini....coming soon!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

So order was placed last thursday, and is scheduled for production. :)!!!

2008 Cooper S
Red Body Black Top
Todd Pearson Racing stripes.
Tinted Windows
Conv. Package
Cold Weather Package

Waiting is not going well. I want it now!!!

--jeff
JRutherford

Post by JRutherford »

Very nice choice - tick tock....know the wait can feel like agony :D
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

The waiting is the hardest part!! If you can make it through it'll be wortth it the first time you sit in you new baby!

I spent my time, about 2 months, informing myself about all things MINI. I did a lot of reading on NAM and other MINI sites. I read posts about all the things that were going on with my model production year. When things went wrong, and they will go wrong, I wasn't suprised or worried. I knew that is was an "issue" my beloved MINI might have and took it to the dealer to take care of it. So far, I haven't had anything come up that I already didn't know could be a possibility.

Congratulations on taking the plunge!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Yeah, I gave in and bought in-stock only because they had a color I had produced on the website with a lot of the options I wanted. I had waited so long I didn't want to wait 2 more months.

Talk about catching a break otherwise I would have my car this weekend.
carrie

Post by carrie »

I would love to come to the next mini outing. Doubt I will have my Cooper S yet though , BUMMER. I have never drove the plain Cooper, just the Cooper S and it is the only one for me. Love it. I look forward to meeting you all.
Carrie
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Carrie-

We will be glad to have you and any others who wish to attend. :D
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Come anyway!

The club name is KC MINI Enthusiasts - you certainly are one of those! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

I'm with Carrie. I'll come at some point when I get my new ride. I'd really like to do a cruise or something with you guys when I get it. I'm going to try to hold off on any major mods with this car. Last car I had (GTO) went a little crazy on...
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

I agree I have ahd Big Papi for 2 months and while I do want to do want some things done I am taking it slow and waiting.

You should come out anyway. There is a British Autoshow next weeeknd in Lawrence. I am hoping to get some folks to make a run up there together, you or carrie are welcome to come with me or on your own.
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

Talked with Stephanie from Baron today! REDCAR is soon to be on it's way to the United States. The build was completed today! Getting excited!
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Todd Pearson Racing stripes.

What are these ? Does anyone have a picture?
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Bernard Cline wrote:Todd Pearson Racing stripes.

What are these ? Does anyone have a picture?
Whoever does his laundry-

Todd does all of the graphics for Baron and is a member of this club and WRR
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Do you mean the twin stripes running down the center of the car?
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

yeah man. Have you seen the red clubman in the shop? He did a racing stripe down the center of the hood over the scoop down the grill. The black stripe was bordered in silver. WAS AWESOME. Anyway...that's what I'm asking for. Todd does some seriously cool work.
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Yes he does great work, look at my Big Papi Pics listed under:

Big Papi Pics from Around Town, he did the union jack. Next I am going to get twin black stipes down the center (minus the union jack) and have a thin blue pinstripe on the outside of them. The blue will go with the blue highlights I have on the inside of the car.

On the other hand I may do a blackstrpie down the center and then a blue stripe in the center of that.

What do the Miniacs think?
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/toddsmods/

Some recent MINIs there, some not so recent. I have completed graphics on more than 700 MINIs since 2003 and I do all the custom, non factory, graphics for Baron.

My companies are DMP Productions and toddsmods.com. Not wanting to self promote, just clearing the air.

Other than Randy (GoDogGo), I think I'm the oldest member and most recent president of the KC MINI Club. I've been laying low in recent months as the club transitions to a non-structured entity. I'm still around although I am quite busy with a number of functions. I co-host White Roof Radio, a weekly podcast about MINIs, and I also own and operate MotoringBadges.com (Trademark pending). Yeah, the whole magnetic badge craze - I started it in March of 2006 with Gabe Bridger of Motoringfile.com fame which is why we had it trademarked.

I currently own two MINIs - a 2003 heavily modded Chili Red MCS and a 2006 JCW GP.

Ok, those newbies whom I have not met yet, there you go. I hope to meet you all at an upcoming event.

Todd
2006 John Cooper Works GP - Stock
Bernard Cline

Post by Bernard Cline »

Hey Todd glad to get the 411 on ya'. Are you available for any of the up coming events? I saw in some other threads that your working with the MTTS promotions plus your regular businesses. We are going to Lawrence next weekend, your welcome to go if you can spare the time. It is an all British Auto Show, threre is a thread.
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

We may stop by but not come to exhibit. Trying to get a lot done before we leave for the Miami to Boston trip next Friday.

We're currently scheduled to drive a new Cooper from Miami to Boston but I've requested an upgrade to a Clubman. 8)

You can follow our travels at WRR and Motoringfile starting next weekend 6/14-15.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Todd we should have another mod party at your house. I'd bring BB this time. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sundance
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sundance »

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Todd we should have another mod party at your house. I'd bring BB this time. :)
Starting next Friday I'll be traveling for the next 8 weeks. 12 cities in 8 weeks to be exact. After that I'll look at scheduling another garage day at my place.
GoDogGo

Post by GoDogGo »

sundance wrote: ...
Other than Randy (GoDogGo), I think I'm the oldest member
Now you're making me feel old! I guess I'll have to accept the role of Old Geezer.

-Randy
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

sundance wrote:
Counterfit_Mini wrote:Todd we should have another mod party at your house. I'd bring BB this time. :)
Starting next Friday I'll be traveling for the next 8 weeks. 12 cities in 8 weeks to be exact. After that I'll look at scheduling another garage day at my place.
Have fun at MTTS! I listen to your podcasts all the time.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

Hey all, the car is at the dealer according to the MA working with me! Pick up time is scheduled for Monday afternoon. I'm pretty stoked, going to be a long weekend!
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Can you get it today or tomorrow, before the the MITM and then bring it down?
chknlil

Post by chknlil »

Last edited by chknlil on Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.