Drive the oval at KANSAS SPEEDWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Big Papi

Drive the oval at KANSAS SPEEDWAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Big Papi »

FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE, FREE

Ok, so here is the deal on Saturday, June 28th from 10:00am to 5:00pm or June 29th from 12:00pmm to 4:00pm you can drive a new Ford product on Kansas Speedway for 3 Laps. YES, YES, YES the actual oval and it sounds like you are doing the driving :D :D :D :D :D :D

Go to http://www.kansasspeedway.com and click on Ford Demo Days for the details

or http://entercomkc.com/forddemodays/

I will be there early on Saturday morning to try and hit the track at 10:00am.

Are there any other takers ?????????? :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Did I mention that it was FFFFRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

..... I would rather zip around in my MINI :wink:
Do you think if I put a little picture of a horse on my MINI, they would notice?
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

I would rather drive my MINI as well but I will take what I can get to go around the track by myself for free.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It sounds like a great time, but I'll be at the Art of the Car show on Sat, and the MATM thing on Sun................
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

I've got two car shows going on saturday. sorry can't make it.
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Can't make it either. I'm sure it would be fun but I prefer high speed driving a road course like Heartland Park, Topeka. Its inexpensive ($60) and you get three or four 15 minute sessions and MINI's are great on the curvy bits. Its an absolute blast! You should come out with us July 16th. See Grassroots Gatherings.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Yes, I am aware but at the moment I can't afford a $60 excursion much as I would like too. This is free and fun, I have been on the oval before in a stock car and it is quite an experience. I do prefer a road course but I will take what I can get.

Like I said it is free and how many people get the opportunity to go out on a oval and drive at speed that has to account for something. Anyway I just wanted to let everyone know of a great opportunity.

Hope to see people out there :D :D :D 8) 8) :!:
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I went to the website, it says June 28 from 10 pm to 5 pm. I am sure they meant 10 in the morning right?. I am at work can the other link is blocked, do i need to register to test drive or is it first come first drive>

Aris
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Participation Requirements are as follows:

Yes, 10:00am on Saturday and I called the track and they were not aware of any pre-registration requirements, they said just to come out to the track through the France Family Drive & Tunnel and they will direct you to parking and that these are the rules.

All Drivers Must be 18 or older

All Drivers Must have and present a valid Drivers License

All Drivers Must have State Liability Insurance

NO CAR SEATS OR BOOSTER SEATS ALLOWED; All RIDERS must be able to ride in a vehicle without the use of an Infant Car Seat or Child Booster Seat as defined by Kansas State Law. Children must be at least eight years old or at least 80 pounds to ride in vehicle.

NO FOOD OR BEVERAGE ALLOWED ON TRACK OR IN VEHICLE

NO SMOKING ALLOWED ON TRACK OR IN VEHICLE

NO PASSING ALLOWED ON TRACK

NO HORSEPLAY, AS DEFINED BY EVENT OFFICIALS WILL BE TOLERATED ON TRACK

IN THE CASE OF SEVERE WEATHER EVENT WILL NOT BE RESCHEDULED

MUST NOT BE UNDER THE INFLUENCE OF DRUGS OR ALCOHOL
Race
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Race »

The Crown Autocross Club will be holding an autocross on Sunday out at the speedway. It will be held out in the paved lots outside the Speedway. Drop by to watch, or sign up to run for $25.
03 MINI Cooper, SS+, Koni Coilovers, Camber, 19mm Rr Bar, 225/45/15 BFG Rivals on 15x8 Rota RBs, GIAC, Custom K&N CAI, Magnaflow Header, Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust, Corbeau Seat, MOMO wheel, G Force 5 pt harness.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

What time? It will difficult to attend possibly since the MITM is that day, which is from 9:00am to 2:00pm.
aris_poerwanto

Post by aris_poerwanto »

I went to the track today, it was quite an experience as I never been to a nascar track before but too bad, they dont let us go more than 75 mph. I drove three different cars, total 9 laps. Its kind of boring going around in circle.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Well as expected they figured out how to limit us topping out the cars. A pace car in front and pace truck in back with 2 motorbikes up on the top of the banking as we went around. Stayed around 75 when the morons in front of us would actually just follow the car in front of them and not adhear to the 65 mph limit.

Finally, those of us driving the Mustangs (only 1 GT) started laying back in various sports so we could get it up to 100. I did hit 110 at one point but only for a few seconds. Less than 100 people showed and there were no requirements like the GM shows for driving the Vettes and Hummer.

Overall great drivng on the track a MINI/Mini would have been better Indy car would have been a dream, but I'll take what I can get. Hopefully, someday my schedule will work out to hit HPT. Saw Aris out there and we talked about it at the MITM.

By the way for the record I was the first car out there NOT a FORD at a FORD event but a MINI. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: guess I was more excited than they were :!: :!: :!: :!: I would have taken my Explorer but the gas would have killed me.