New Mini owner(s)

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

New Mini owner(s)

Post by kenshin138 »

Hello all. My name is Ryan. My wife Jess and I bought our first Mini on July 3rd after having wanted one for several years now. We picked up a used 2006 Cooper S convertible. Since I didn't get an original window sticker from what I can tell it has the cold weather package, sport package, premium package, and the tiptronic auto transmission. We traded in one of our Toyota Yaris' for it, so yea, pretty big upgrade! I drove for 5-6 hours yesterday and managed to give myself a sunburn in the process....

Best part is, after running some numbers and doing some talking we decided to get Jess her own dedicated Mini. So we put an order in for a Cooper, chili red, auto, UJ roof, red accent interior, cold weather package, etc. from Baron. So in 6-8 weeks we should have our second Mini. :)

Here are some pretty bad pics of the car (sun was going down):

We are both looking forward to coming out to some gatherings and whatnot.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Ryan & Jess-

Congrats, your R53 looks great :!: It looks like you got the pure silver, which I have as well. It seems to becoming a popular color lately as you can see in my avatar.

We are glad to have you in the club. There is a meet at the Sonic on Roe and 107th in Overland Park off of I-435 on Saturday July 12th at 6:30pm. You should come out there will be several of us there.

Go to Announcements and see July 24th Cruise-In at Sonic Drive-In or chech the calendar. Hope to see you there. :D :D :D 8)
Last edited by Big Papi on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Also, look in Mini Lounge or Off Topic I think there is something about a Drive-In on july 12th.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Big Papi wrote: or check the calendar. Hope to see you there. :D :D :D 8)
So, about the calendar. It shows noting for me, I signed up and am logged in and still nothing. Am I missing something here? :)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

kenshin138 wrote:
Big Papi wrote: or check the calendar. Hope to see you there. :D :D :D 8)
So, about the calendar. It shows noting for me, I signed up and am logged in and still nothing. Am I missing something here? :)
Nope, not missing anything. It's not functional yet. The original calendar still works at http://www.localendar.com/public/kcminiclub

Welcome to the club. It's good to see more cabrios in the mix!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

ragtopday wrote:
kenshin138 wrote:Nope, not missing anything. It's not functional yet. The original calendar still works at http://www.localendar.com/public/kcminiclub

Welcome to the club. It's good to see more cabrios in the mix!
That would explain it then!
saturn

Post by saturn »

Welcome to the obsession that is know as being a Mini Owner! Looking forward to meeting you both! Remember sunblock! :P
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Welcome to the MINI family... boy, becoming a 2 MINI family in 6-8 weeks is pretty impressive! Hope to see you at a some of our upcoming events.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Welcome and I look forward to seeing you motoring around the Lees Summit area!
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

Welcome, and though I'll be out of town for the July Sonic event, I'll probably cross paths with you two at the next one.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

PAPPI, the meet at Sonic is on the 24th not the 12th as you mentioned. Just thought I'd clear that up.
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Actually we are going to the drive-in movies on the 12th and Sonic drive-in on the 24th. So, you are both correct!!!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

BLUGOOSE wrote:PAPPI, the meet at Sonic is on the 24th not the 12th as you mentioned. Just thought I'd clear that up.
Yep, sorry -- I got the Drive-In movie night and the Sonic Cruise-In mixed-up, my bad. :dunce:
aris_poerwanto

Another new mini owner, my friend

Post by aris_poerwanto »

My friend in houston, tx is waiting for her 08 Mini cooper convertible
and its the same color metallic silver

silver is definitely getting popular among MINI, as I dont see too many silver MINI in the past.
kabootist

Post by kabootist »

I see you have a good taste in wheels....BTW my girlfriend would go crazy for that car, We've been thinking of buying another MINI for some time, but now shes got hooked on a Lexus. If i got a second mini it would have to be a conv.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

kabootist wrote:I see you have a good taste in wheels...
Yea, I had actually never seen this style of wheel prior to test driving the car. IMHO they are the best looking of the 17" wheel options. I really like the currenet S "web" wheels as well. Since they have no lip the rim appears larger than it really is IMHO. I was surprised to find 205/45/17 tires on it as they look more like 205/40/17 IMHO.

I might, however, move these to my wifes 08 base sometime and get a set of wheels for mine. That wouldn't be for awhile though.