2009 Clubman...

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
mesomini

2009 Clubman...

Post by mesomini »

Anyone order a Clubman the last few weeks? I ordered mine on 6/17, or rather should I say I pre-ordered as Baron's allocations were filled up already for June. Still, the estimated time of delivery was approx. 8-10 weeks with an expected late August, early September delivery.

Just received an email from my MA, Mini just released a statement of apology due to the overwhelming amount of orders. All of 2008 orders are done; they are now onto 2009 Clubman models with a start production date in August and delivery date late October. Anyone else receive this information?

On the one hand, I'm liking the idea of getting one of the 1st 2009 models.... on the other hand DH is not so happy as I turn in my TSX next week for lease end. That leaves us with the truck & his Z06. I'm fine driving the truck, but he NEVER takes his Z06 out in t he rain.....

Of course, I am not going to cancel my order....guess I'm looking for a sympathetic shoulder to cry (make that sob) on…. :cry:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Ahhh.........

Just think about how happy you'll be when it gets here!

I've heard that clubman production was now running close to 1/2 of all MINIs being built - I'd say they have a winna on their hands!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Wow, he has to drive his Z06 and it might rain when he does. Sorry no sympathey here, I would love to have that problem. I will gladly let him drive my MINI Cooper S for a few weeks if he will swamp out his Z06 with me. :wink: :P 8)

Seriously, ask Baron if there is something they can do for you. Maybe they can work out a short term loaner or something, it never hurts to ask. I woudl definitely call and speak to your MA and see what can be done. I am not saying they can do it, but in my dealings with them they have always tried to go the extra mile and do the right thing or somethign reasonable.

Baron Automotive # is 913.722.5100
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

I doubt that Baron will give you a long term loaner, but you might ask if there are any other Clubmans configured the way yours is on spec order for another dealer, that they could possibly trade for. Usually dealers will configure a few with the popular features for those walk in customers that do not want to wait the full 6-10 weeks for a custom order. The answer might be no, but it still is worth asking. Good Luck!
mesomini

Post by mesomini »

Thanks ya'll. Some good ideas. I'll give my MA a shout. If nothing else, October gives me a few more months to save for a larger down payment. Looking on the bright side of things!

Z06 must be a guy thing, I don't get it. :roll: He worships that car. I guess I shouldn't talk, I'm sure I'll be doing the same with my MINI. I've wanted one forever.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

[/quote] Z06 must be a guy thing, I don't get it. :roll: He worships that car. I guess I shouldn't talk, I'm sure I'll be doing the same with my MINI. I've wanted one forever.[/quote]

:wink: Just wait, the MINI will change that. You will soon catch yourself thinking of wheels, tires and other mods. You will probably also have a garage full of products to take care of you new obsession. It just happens :D :D :D :D I hope your wait is not to long.
Big Papi

Post by Big Papi »

Have fun I worship my R56, it is not a passion but an OBSESSION!!! :D
saturn

Post by saturn »

:wink: Just wait, the MINI will change that. You will soon catch yourself thinking of wheels, tires and other mods. You will probably also have a garage full of products to take care of you new obsession. It just happens :D :D :D :D I hope your wait is not to long.[/quote]
Better yet, you'll be coordinating everything with the color of your mini, outfits, accessories, cell phone cases, luggage! Right honey? LOL :wink:
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

mesomini wrote:T
Z06 must be a guy thing, I don't get it. :roll: He worships that car.
It's a corvette thing... :roll:
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

:wink Better yet, you'll be coordinating everything with the color of your mini, outfits, accessories, cell phone cases, luggage! Right honey? LOL :wink:[/quote]

Boy, now that is a case of the " the pot calling the kettle Yellow, I mean black" :wink: