Weird Accident

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Re: Weird Accident

Post by KangaMINI »

Minidave- that's good news!

Counterfit- The xB may get worse mileage, but I can haul stuff/people in one trip what I would previously have needed two or three trips to carry at two or three times the miles to transport. My trip back from Kentucky (650 miles) got an average of 27 mpg (highway, mostly over 70) with the back loaded up with IKEA loot. When I had my Cooper-S I could only buy one thing at a time at IKEA which is problematic when you need more than one thing :D
KangaMINI
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

KangaMINI wrote:Minidave- that's good news!

Counterfit- The xB may get worse mileage, but I can haul stuff/people in one trip what I would previously have needed two or three trips to carry at two or three times the miles to transport. My trip back from Kentucky (650 miles) got an average of 27 mpg (highway, mostly over 70) with the back loaded up with IKEA loot. When I had my Cooper-S I could only buy one thing at a time at IKEA which is problematic when you need more than one thing :D
Yeah the xB is nice for hauling stuff and people, that's why we haven't gotten rid of it yet, but we still want to get a Mini Clubman at some point too. Just got new tires on the xB today and it drives so much better...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

That sucks! $1800 for a lousy bird. I got hit by an Acura in my Toyota and the repair bill was about $50 less than that. But I suppose BMW paint is top dollar...
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Insurance took care of all but my $100 deductible, so my pain was limited to that and driving a Corolla for 11 days.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

Hah, I can relate. I've driven a lot of rental cars doing consulting work on the east coast - the worst of which was a Chevy Cobalt. I've never been in a car that felt more unstable at highway speed. Subaru Outback on the other hand, not bad at all (despite how I loathe station wagons.)

As luck would have it, I hit a bird in the blue meanie yesterday doing about 70. Smacked into the windshield right where my Garmin is mounted. No damage, just a lot of bird goo and some feathers, and I nearly soiled myself.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think they're out to get us! :roll: :cry: :shock:

The other day dimini was parked under a tree in front of my house while we did some work on my Audi and when he went to leave his whole windshield was covered in bird poop!

Go here if you want to read my writeup on 11 days in a Corolla
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

I hit another bird yesterday (around the headlight? Couldn't tell...) and then another bird ran into the side of the car. I was doing like 15mph down main street....maybe it's the color?

You may be on to something, there may be some Hitchcock-esque bird shenanigans happening.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yikes!

I've never been an animal target before, no deer, possums or anything....but lately ...... :shock:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

I'm just glad that the car is unscathed so far. Could be worse!

...er, sorry. :D
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, my total with Eveland Bros was a bit less than expected - only $1500 and change..... :?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Minidave wrote:Yikes!

I've never been an animal target before, no deer, possums or anything....but lately ...... :shock:

My Mini has had like three deer run out in front of it withing the past week. And I almost had a bird fly into my windshield this morning...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

They've decided to fight back! :D
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Spart wrote:I'm just glad that the car is unscathed so far. Could be worse!

...er, sorry. :D
Now wait a minute.......is that a CHROME plate surround in your avatar? Not black? :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Spart
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Spart »

Yes! And it has to change...I'm either going to mask off the JCW logo and plastidip it, or get one of the black frames and swap the molded plastic logos.

The JCW frame (for no reason that I can figure out) is only available in chrome, not black.

It's instrumental in hiding a certain part of my plate, though. It's actually a carefully disguised collegiate plate. I just wanted an old-school looking IA plate instead of the weak white ones that we have now.

I don't like all the chrome that was on the car, but I think the frame is less garish than some of it might have been. :mrgreen: