I miss my MINI

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

I miss my MINI

Post by KangaMINI »

You guys and gals are probably the only people who wouldn't think me crazy to post this. But I really miss my MINI. I miss my xenon headlights. I miss my heated seats. I miss my ridiculously loud magnaflow exhaust. I miss the whine of my supercharger. I miss the ginormous speedometer in the middle of the dash. I miss its funny little face.

(I don't miss the maintenance bills, which is why I had to trade it in on my xB)

To this day my MINI was the only vehicle I've ever driven that felt like a natural extension of my body. It was so intuitive.

I can't wait to get out of school, get myself a big-boy job and save up to buy a new one.

Thanks for listening to my mopey story. :)
KangaMINI
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: I miss my MINI

Post by S-car-go »

Just guessing but maybe the newer models are a little more reliable (I would hope). I only have 36k on mine but have not had a single problem other than the fact that the turbo will cook a hood scoop in about 12 months. At 36k I'm ready for my second replacement. Either way, you know with this group you will always be welcome. Good luck with your "Big Boy" job hunt. Look forward to seeing you in the club again. We need an experienced MINI's at the Market Coordinator :D
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

KangaMINI--I keep hoping you'll find yourself in a MINI again soon. But I also understand the maintenance costs. We are still a MINI/xB family and although I've had no major repair bills (check with me after my visit to the dealer tomorrow...), we had no repair bills on the xB until it hit 160,000 miles and then required a $700 fix. It's certainly been a more affordable, albeit less fun, car than my MINI.

S-car-Go--KangaMINI hasn't coordinated Minis at the Market (that would be me for the first 3 years), he has been very generous with his time in maintaining this forum and the club website. BIG thanks to you, Rich, for always being on top of what it takes to keep things running around here! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

Aww shucks! The forums/website aren't that much work, and it helps me live vicariously in my MINI ways ;)
KangaMINI
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Every so often, I think I need to trade my MINI on something newer with more carrying space, but I already know in advance that I would miss my MINI. That's why I still have it 8 years later and 155k miles further down the road. Plus I would really miss track days at Heartland Park, Topeka!
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

ragtopday wrote: S-car-Go--KangaMINI hasn't coordinated Minis at the Market (that would be me for the first 3 years), he has been very generous with his time in maintaining this forum and the club website. BIG thanks to you, Rich, for always being on top of what it takes to keep things running around here! :D
Sorry! I was mistaken. For some reason I thought this was the person who worked on the last MINI's at the Market when I coordinated prizes. She got rid of her mini shorty after I think. After further investigation I realize that was Toeknee. I did not intend to offend anyone.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.