broken glovebox latch

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

broken glovebox latch

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

My glovebox latch is apparently broken. Two pieces of plastic have dropped out onto the floorboard and it doesn't open when I pull on it. It's like it is locked, but it isn't. Anyone got a fix for this? I read on another forum that the solution is to have the entire glovebox replaced at the dealer. I'd really prefer to just have my proof of insurance card and ipod out of there, close it back up, then trade it in. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: broken glovebox latch

Post by davester »

Take it to Baron and get an estimate. It may not be too expensive---
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Thanks, Davester. Folks who mentioned prices in other forums have said between $180 and $300, but it's worth taking it to the dealer to see what they say. I'd really like my tunes back, stuck with just radio since my iPods and the factory connector are all in the glovebox. :x
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

I had the opposite problem, mine wouldn't stay closed. While searching for a solution I found solutions to your problem. Seems a few people had success fishing a hanger into the glovebox and pulling the latch open. Have you tried that?
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!