Coming to KC

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Coming to KC

Post by Glasspony »

Hey fellow MINIacs. This is a note from a double MINI owner living in florida. Looking to move to KC in next few months. We have a Laurel Cabrio and a 2011 Hampton. Looking forward to local meets and motoring. We are on facebook as Sgt. pepper and Nickory (the names of the MINIs) Will be looking for good local shops and detailers

We do participate in MINIs on the Dragon the past 3 years and Mickey and Mini in Orlando.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Coming to KC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Welcome. :) Don't know of many detailers in KC but we've got KC Autosport and of course the MINI dealership as far as shops to work on your cars..
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Welcome to snow country! I know a fantastic detailer. However he charges $500.00. Usual clients own Lambos, Ferrari,
Bentley , etc. I just did my 100k 06 jet black BMW. Used Surf City better than clay and their liquid carnauba . Took about 4
Hours and looks fantastic! No power equipment used.
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Welcome to KC, look forward to seeing you at our next meet up!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Glasspony wrote:Hey fellow MINIacs. This is a note from a double MINI owner living in florida. Looking to move to KC in next few months. We have a Laurel Cabrio and a 2011 Hampton. Looking forward to local meets and motoring. We are on facebook as Sgt. pepper and Nickory (the names of the MINIs) Will be looking for good local shops and detailers

We do participate in MINIs on the Dragon the past 3 years and Mickey and Mini in Orlando.
Hafkemeyer Motors in Waldo (KCMO) is a nono-dealer shop. At one time it was the 1st bimmer franchise in KCMO. Uli was his head mechanic and service manager, and now owns/operates this shop. You're golden here.

Dude named Elliot details my cars, near 435 and State Line. His clientele has a predilection for German cars, mostly, i.e. bimmer, benz, mini, etc. PM me and I will reply with his number.

Aloha
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

not there yet but will be up for a visit in July if there are any meets happening then
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

Will be in Kansas City visiting daughters late June and early July. Is there any motoring events happening at this time that we could join
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I don't know if the MINI club has anything scheduled yet for this event, but if you're in town Sunday, June 23 be sure to check out the Art of the Car Concours. This is an annual by-invitation-only car show with some of the rarest and most pristine cars ever gathered in one place.

The location is on the campus of the Kansas City Art Institute which is located across the street west from the Nelson Art Gallery.

Besides this link http://www.kcai.edu/events/special-even ... r-concours also do a search on Youtube for videos. It is an amazing experience.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.