Power Steering Warranty Extension

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Power Steering Warranty Extension

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Anyone else get the letter regarding warranty extension on Power Steering? Looks like I might recoup enough $ from that repair to pay to get my glove box opened. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Power Steering Warranty Extension

Post by boxer »

I received the letter also. :ds:
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Boxer--had you already replaced yours? I had mine done quite awhile back at KC Autosport. I'm fairly certain the receipt for the work is in my owner's manual folder in the glove box, the one I can't get open. :roll:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

I did not get a letter but I have had my power steering pump replaced as well. :(
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

My niece had her P/S pump replaced at KC Autosport too. They emailed a copy of her invoice to her. :D
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

What years are covered in the recall? My MINI finally hit 32,000 miles, will I need to worry about this failing soon?
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

I got my letter a couple days ago.

Its for certain model years 2002-2005 MC and MCS and 2005 MINI Cooper Convertible Base and S model.
I was told this is for the cars that production dates up to February 2005. I'm not sure.
I don't think we got a letter for my sister's 05 MCS
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

My P/S unit and fan were replaced about a year after purchasing the car. My flywheel was also replace on the same visit. I think it was in 2004.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
Gears

Post by Gears »

Do you guys know if this would cover the PS hoses too? Baron said I need to replace them on my 02 MCS.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I doubt it, I'll bet the hoses are considered a wear and tear item, the pump isn't (supposed to be)....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Minidave wrote:I doubt it, I'll bet the hoses are considered a wear and tear item, the pump isn't (supposed to be)....
I had my hoses replaced when the cooling fan stopped working. They said had I not replaced the cooling fan, the pump would have failed. Don't think I have a warranty with mine though.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Hey all. You might want to call 866-275-6464 to hear the message about this issue. I hear it everytime I call to get the production status on my new MINI :D
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The recording says you can either file for reimbursement by mailing copies of applicable receipts to them or by going to your local dealer. Once they have validated the receipts, a check will be sent in 4 to 6 weeks.

This means mid-July, I'll be RICH! :lol:
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

MINIDave refurbished mine about 50k miles ago, I think even then I would have been out of the extended p/s pump warranty. Just this week it has started to get weak, I suppose I'm still hosed on this one. I see a new pump in my future.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Did anyone else ever recoup any $ from this? Yesterday I got a $1k check in the mail. I figured I wasn't going to get any reimbursement since so many months passed since I sent in the paperwork. Happy little surprise in the mail! :D
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I have a friend in Texas who bought his pump from Way Motor Works, he got over $800 back, and we DIYed the install.

I'm glad you got the happy surprise, but it looks like it took a wee bit more than 4-6 weeks! :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)