Anyone familiar with this MINI?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
JohnBLZ

Anyone familiar with this MINI?

Post by JohnBLZ »

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/3926557714.html

Says purple haze...but the picks look more black to me. Lots of miles, but ok price. Thoughts?
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Anyone familiar with this MINI?

Post by Zack »

Dunno, Don't care much for the wheels. Either too big of a wheel or too much bling.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
s1-
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by s1- »

A quick Kelly Blue Book (which isn't necessarily the best source of truth) has this car retailing at a little over $10k. Quickly looking around I can't find a comparable MINI Cooper S in that price range. In my personal opinion if the price is too good to be true... it probably is. Either this dealer is making a car look better than it really is or he has no idea of its' value. It never hurts to go test drive but I would recommend being very skeptical.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

JohnBLZ wrote:http://kansascity.craigslist.org/ctd/3926557714.html

Says purple haze...but the picks look more black to me. Lots of miles, but ok price. Thoughts?
My first MINI was this color. It does look very deep blue in some light. I would say that's what's going on these pics.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I think that car is Astro black, which was actually a very dark blue.

103K? Unless it's well documented on service and repairs, I'd have a budget planned for some maintenance. I'd also take it to Baron for a pre-purchase inspection, they'll be able to pull up any factory history on the car, and they will find everything that might be wrong with it, if nothing else it gives you a good basis for negotiation. If it's a good car, you'll also know that.

Babylon Motors? :shock:

If they can offer it for $8K, what do you think they paid for it? Why so cheap? Look carefully , it could be a flood car or have a salvage title.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I am acquainted with Babylon Motors. They seem to specialize in rather higher mileage cars and the prices always seem to be below Market. They do offer a Carfax which may indicate they are not salvage or flood titles.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Thanks all... definitely concerned about the mileage. I may gave them a call tomorrow to get some more info.

This would probably be a 3rd car, don't know that it'd be dependable enough for a daily driver.
04MCS

Post by 04MCS »

I almost went out and looked at it before I bought mine just didn't think the car I was trading on would make it without over heating
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

My daily driver has 138,000 miles on it and it's been very dependable (knock wood). I wouldn't hesitate to buy a well-maintained MINI with over 100,000 for a local daily driver. Especially not if the price was right. And if it was Purple Haze. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Drove by there over lunch...no MINI to be found. Guess it wasn't meant to be!

Years ago I talked with Liz about a Purple Haze JCW... and didn't pull the trigger. Such is life :(
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I have more info re. the Purple Haze car. Email being sent to you.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.