Sad news...

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Sad news...

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

On Saturday, Dianna Williams (speed_racer here) passed away in a motorcycle accident in Independence.

Dianna drove an Electric Blue MINI. Some of you will remember her MINI dressed as a Converse sneaker at the Halloween party one year. She always had a big smile and never missed a chance to give some love to a dog.

Services will be Friday in Rolla. Her mom has suggested donations be made to Game Dog Guardian and Pinups for Pitbulls. If donations are being collected for Minis at the Market registration this year, perhaps we could donate to one of these charities in her memory.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Sad news...

Post by Laurie »

This just makes me so sad . Dianna was such a sweet person and so full of life. She always had a smile on. She will truely be missed.

I second the donation idea. She was very involved in both of those organizations and worked hard to help better the lives of Pitbulls.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So much potential, lost so soon......RIP Speedracer....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Here is Dianna's obit from Rolla.

R.I.P. Dianna Marie Kline Williams

Dianna Marie Kline Williams, of Kansas City, KS, formerly of Rolla, passed away Saturday, July 27, 2013 at the age of 36. Dianna was born in Jefferson City, MO on August 7, 1976 to Harold E. Kline and Nancy (Grossnickle) Kline Ettleman. Dianna graduated from Rolla High School in 1994. After high school graduation she attended the University of Kansas in Lawrence, Kansas where she majored in Architectural Engineering. She graduated in 1999 and married Mark Williams of Rolla on October 16, 1999. Although they divorced in September 2009 they remained very close friends.

Dianna was employed as a project manager in the construction management industry. One of the projects she was most proud of was the renovation of the Allen Field house on the KU Campus. She was currently employed as a Super Manager for Centric Projects in Kansas City.

Dianna was passionate about the rescue and rehabilitation of mistreated pit bulls. She was a volunteer for an organization called Game Dog Guardians in Lawrence, Kansas. She worked tirelessly for this organization to rehabilitate and re-home game dogs, most specifically pit bulls, and to educate the public about them. She also started a career as a pinup model by first modeling for Pinups for Pitbulls. Her pinup name was Voodoo LaRoux. She also will be appearing in a movie entitled The House of Forbidden Secrets which is due to be released shortly.

Dianna will be greatly missed by her surviving family which includes her parents, Nancy Ettleman, of Rolla, and Harold Kline and wife Cleo, of Rolla; grandmother, Esther Grossnickle, of Hagerstown, MD; sisters, Alexandra Ettleman and Dallas Ettleman, both of Rolla; stepsister, Lori Daharsh, of Rolla; stepbrothers, Shawn Ettleman, of Columbia, MO; Richard Yeargen and Dean Hendrix, both of Nevada; aunts, Thelma Schrank, of Alaska, Linda Weaver and husband Ronnie, of Boonsboro, MD, and Sandra Norcross and husband Bub, of Clear Spring, MD; uncle, Terry Grosnickle and wife Debbie, of Williamsport, MD; nieces, Nicole Ettleman, of Columbia, MO, and Carleigh Daharsh, of Rolla; former husband, Mark Williams, of Kansas City; other extended family members and many dear friends.

A memorial service for Dianna Williams will be held at 2:00 p.m. Friday, August 2, 2013 at theGreentree Christian Church in Rolla. A visitation for family and friends will be held prior to the service beginning at 1:00 p.m. Memorial contributions are suggested to Game Dog Guardians. Online condolences may be offered at this website. All arrangements are under the direction of the Null & Son Funeral Home in Rolla.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
JohnBLZ

Post by JohnBLZ »

Sorry to hear that... any idea what happened?

I ride as well, saw that in the paper (along w/ the fatality this morning in Olathe)... lot of bikers going down this summer.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I read in the paper that she lost control around a corner and hit a tree........
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)