Custom KC mini decals

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Custom KC mini decals

Post by MiniMax »

I bought my wife a Silhouette Cameo craft cutter for her cake making but I have been having some fun with making vinyl stickers for my clubby. I thought it would be great to have our KC club with custom decals. I made a very simple one (see pics below) but would like to get ideas from the group. I could make them for everyone and the cost would be minimal (just to cover the vinyl purchase). Let me know what you guys think and if you have any ideas for the club decal. The decal looks pink in the pics but it is actually red.

MiniMax
IMG_20131221_212859829_1.jpg
IMG_20131221_212859829_1.jpg (44.74 KiB) Viewed 9217 times
IMG_20131221_212913028_1.jpg
IMG_20131221_212913028_1.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 9217 times
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Custom KC mini decals

Post by MiniManiac »

I like it!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Ditto
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
MiniMax
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniMax »

This is version 2.0.
MIni decal small.JPG
MIni decal small.JPG (27.7 KiB) Viewed 9126 times

Minimax
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniMax wrote:This is version 2.0.
MIni decal small.JPG

Minimax
Me like
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

Hi my name is Tim most people call me Hootie I am new here but here is an idea for your Mini Decal to represent Kansas City. I attatched it you could do it in any color or i can etch it into glass or onto metal
Attachments
KC MINI 2.jpg
KC MINI 2.jpg (28.99 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Last edited by Hootie on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

HERES ANOTHER IDEA I HAD WHILE LOOKING AT THE DIFFERENT POSTS. I HAVE A BUDDY WITH A VINYL CUTTER I JUST TALKED WITH MY BUDDY AND HES GOING TO SEE IF HE HAS ANY CHROME AND DO ONE IN THE CHROME
Attachments
KC MINIACS 2.jpg
KC MINIACS 2.jpg (33.87 KiB) Viewed 9099 times
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

I was supprised to get a call from my buddy Pat he said he was bored so he knocked out a cpl of sample decals from some scrap he had laying around thought I would throw them out here for you guys.
Attachments
2014022595155042.jpg
2014022595155042.jpg (215.3 KiB) Viewed 9087 times
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

They look really cool but I would also recommend finding a way to add the website in so people know where to find us.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

We could easily add that as an option either with the decal or a small separate piece that people could add or leave off as they preferred. But if your looking at that to draw people to the clubs web site I think that a better web site would be the best place to start.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I think our club website is pretty good. It draws all mini enthusiasts in Kansas to us.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

Zack i dont mean it as an insult! do we have something other than just this form a facebook page or a reg website? I was looking at other club web sites the got pics and videos of their events great lists of events. I am very interested in participating with the kc mini and am excited to hang out go to rallies, trips and races. just tihnk a more friendly site would atract more people as you know a picture speaks louder than words and if people see the group having fun they would be more likley to want to participate thats all i was getting at.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Hootie wrote:Zack i dont mean it as an insult! do we have something other than just this form a facebook page or a reg website? I was looking at other club web sites the got pics and videos of their events great lists of events. I am very interested in participating with the kc mini and am excited to hang out go to rallies, trips and races. just tihnk a more friendly site would atract more people as you know a picture speaks louder than words and if people see the group having fun they would be more likley to want to participate thats all i was getting at.
You would have to locate the thread about creating a website. If you're willing to build a website for the club that would be cool. The website is www.kcminiclub.com. It's not much right now but it draws ya to the forum. If someone is really interested in Mini's and wants to join, they will. Being a part of the forum, makes you a member of the club.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Hootie wrote: But if your looking at that to draw people to the clubs web site I think that a better web site would be the best place to start.
Welcome to the club! I am surprised that you were able to find this crappy website :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I like the red version in MiniMax's post best....However, it would be easy to change the "MINI" under the KC to "MINIacs" too, for people who prefer that version.

Oh, and welcome Hootie! Look for our first events starting soon, under both the "Upcoming Events" heading and "Grassroots Gatherings"
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

Ill keep my eyes open thanks for the welcome.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Hootie wrote: But if your looking at that to draw people to the clubs web site I think that a better web site would be the best place to start.
First, welcome Hootie!

Second, are you stepping up to build a site for the club? We've only had our current site for a couple of months. Prior to that, it had not been updated in oh, about eight years. I think it's ding-dang-skippy that one of our club members stepped up and built a new site for us. It's a work in progress but if you can build something better, have right at it. But we might want to make sure we get someone to help you edit copy. Your/You're welcome to build whatever you think would better attract more members. :wink:

And last, love the chatter about custom decals. It's great to see options being offered up and a constructive conversation taking place. That's what makes the club so terrific!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

Thanks for the welcome. I wasnt trying to step on anybodys toes its just at first glance from the mini usa page is youve been a club since 2004 but it seemed like maybe the club was inactive now until i got to the form page and i found activity. are you part of the web page admin? and do you know are they using a code system or a UI system for the web page. and you said it was a work in progress which i didnt know at the time either itjust a first glance imprecion which you know alot of pepole if they dont like a first glance they dont keep trying. Zack sugested i put added the web adress to the clubs website i thought there might have been another site i missed thats when i made the suggestion to work on the site first i also diodnt know someone was working on it.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Hootie wrote:Thanks for the welcome. I wasnt trying to step on anybodys toes its just at first glance from the mini usa page is youve been a club since 2004 but it seemed like maybe the club was inactive now until i got to the form page and i found activity. are you part of the web page admin? and do you know are they using a code systym or a ui system for the web page.
Our club is far from inactive. We've got a web page, a facebook page and a forum. You found us, right?

The club's site is built on WordPress. It's a huge improvement from what we had at the end of last year. Patience...
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

if your talking about the web page from miniusa yes and form there yes and facebook yes and looking foward to getting to know everyone before i piss off the world :D
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Hootie wrote:if your talking about the web page from miniusa yes and form there yes and facebook yes and looking foward to getting to know everyone before i piss off the world :D
You're fine. No one was pissed off.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Hootie wrote:if your talking about the web page from miniusa yes and form there yes and facebook yes and looking foward to getting to know everyone before i piss off the world :D
Probably a good idea 8)

Our next event is the great donut adventure on the 15th. You will get to meet most of the folks and eat some deliciously bad for you food.

If you have FB, you can find club events: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kcminis/
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

okay sounds good a fat man allways loves a good donut :)
Hootie

Post by Hootie »

Our club is far from inactive. We've got a web page, a facebook page and a forum. You found us, right?
The club's site is built on WordPress. It's a huge improvement from what we had at the end of last year. Patience...[/quote]

not a problem glad to hear you guys are working on it i took a look a WordPress its a UI platform if i can help in anyway i will if i can. plus dont tell but i know a bunch of computer geeks :lol: they love it when i let them play with my computer and feed them BBQ. and yes have a face book feel free you can find me there Tim Egan
mulcahy78

Post by mulcahy78 »

I made these up what do you guys think? They could make a cool decal!