license plate

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

license plate

Post by Glasspony »

just wondering. We presently live in Florida. We have Europlates on our MINIs . We are planning on moving to the KC area . Since MO has front plates, does that mean that our front Euro plates are history, or is there a way around that.
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: license plate

Post by Hagar46 »

Missouri will ticket you if you do not have a front license plate. Maybe you can get one of the aftermarket brackets that allows you to mount your plate to one side. :D

http://altaperformance.com/i-14007117-f ... minis.html
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Move to Kansas.....no front plates here! Also no yearly (or is it every other year now?) state mandated inspections.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Or you can do what my wife does. Do not mount a bracket and plead incompetence or ignorance if you get stopped. :?
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Hagar46 wrote:Or you can do what my wife does. Do not mount a bracket and plead incompetence or ignorance if you get stopped. :?
I think that only works for wives 8)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

I was just looking at Cravenspeed.com and they have a holder that screws in to the tow hook for only $60.

www.cravenspeed.com
thanks
Wayne Whitcomb
2011 Hampton Clubman
2010 Laurel Cabrio

Keep on motoring
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Glasspony wrote:I was just looking at Cravenspeed.com and they have a holder that screws in to the tow hook for only $60.
I have one of those mounts. They work good.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

You can always take your chances. My son lived in K.C. Mo. for 10 years and only got one ticket for no front plate.
Pretty observant meter maid got him.
Mr. F56
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

MiniManiac wrote:
Hagar46 wrote:Or you can do what my wife does. Do not mount a bracket and plead incompetence or ignorance if you get stopped. :?
Oh, I don't know...seems to me MiniX2 doesn't have a front plant on his non-Mini. Must work for husbands, too. :lol:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:
Oh, I don't know...seems to me MiniX2 doesn't have a front plant on his non-Mini. Must work for husbands, too. :lol:
LOL!!!!!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW