A Few Additions

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

A Few Additions

Post by MiniManiac »

I finally ordered some new kit for the classic mini. Once the weather clears, these items will be added on!!

Sportspack wheels:

Hi Flow LCB:

Down the Middle Exhaust:

Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: A Few Additions

Post by MiniManiac »

I have the LCB all painted with flat black header paint. I am still waiting on the wheels to arrive. Once the wheels arrive, it will be a simple swap of tires from my deep dish wheels to the new sportspack wheels. 8)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Where did you get wheels?

Are you going to header wrap the LCB? Makes them quieter and keeps the heat off the carb.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:Where did you get wheels?

Are you going to header wrap the LCB? Makes them quieter and keeps the heat off the carb.
I was thinking about wrapping the LCB. I will probably do it.

I got everything from Mini Sport USA. It was all shipped via DHL from England. The crazy thing is that even with shipping, no one in the States can touch their prices. Plus, it only take two days to get here once ordered :).
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Minidave wrote:Where did you get wheels?

I was thinking about wrapping the LCB. I will probably do it.

I got everything from Mini Sport USA. It was all shipped via DHL from England. The crazy thing is that even with shipping, no one in the States can touch their prices. Plus, it only take two days to get here once ordered :).
Do you not like your deep dish wheels?
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote: Do you not like your deep dish wheels?
Not at all. These are 13x7 deep dish with a -7 offset. They just wrecked the geometry of the Mini. I have been wanting to replace them for years but I just spent too much time deployed overseas causing me not to drive very much. Now that I am back with more driving time available, I am replacing them with some factory sportspack wheels.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

The wheels arrived today. Now I just need the weather to clear so that I can get the tires swapped onto the new wheels!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:The wheels arrived today. Now I just need the weather to clear so that I can get the tires swapped onto the new wheels!!
I'm waiting myself. Though I'm probably going to buy new tires for the new wheels. It's a toss up. I found a great set of x-lites with snow tires I want but I would rather save the money for some new tires for the Rotas
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:The wheels arrived today. Now I just need the weather to clear so that I can get the tires swapped onto the new wheels!!
I'm waiting myself. Though I'm probably going to buy new tires for the new wheels. It's a toss up. I found a great set of x-lites with snow tires I want but I would rather save the money for some new tires for the Rotas
Tough choice. Can't you just put some snow tires on your current wheels for next season?
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:
Tough choice. Can't you just put some snow tires on your current wheels for next season?
I would but 17" snow tires are expensive. Plus my Continential's are DWS and have done very well in the snow so I'm thinking it would be unnecessary to get wheels with snow tires as well. Still debating it. The weather in the following week after this coming paycheck will decide that for me I suppose. If we are getting more snow, it'll be snow tires and those wheels. If we aren't then I am saving for the new tires for the new wheels.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote: I would but 17" snow tires are expensive. Plus my Continential's are DWS and have done very well in the snow so I'm thinking it would be unnecessary to get wheels with snow tires as well. Still debating it. The weather in the following week after this coming paycheck will decide that for me I suppose. If we are getting more snow, it'll be snow tires and those wheels. If we aren't then I am saving for the new tires for the new wheels.
I run summer performance tires on my 17s and snow tires on my 16s. I was able to pick up a used set of wheels/tires a few years back in CO for super cheap and it has worked out very nicely. I like having a dedicated set for the summer and another for the winter.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote: I would but 17" snow tires are expensive. Plus my Continential's are DWS and have done very well in the snow so I'm thinking it would be unnecessary to get wheels with snow tires as well. Still debating it. The weather in the following week after this coming paycheck will decide that for me I suppose. If we are getting more snow, it'll be snow tires and those wheels. If we aren't then I am saving for the new tires for the new wheels.
I run summer performance tires on my 17s and snow tires on my 16s. I was able to pick up a used set of wheels/tires a few years back in CO for super cheap and it has worked out very nicely. I like having a dedicated set for the summer and another for the winter.
Good point. Well we shall see. I'm gonna see if I can get a slightly better deal than the price that I found the snow tires with wheels at. They look like a good deal.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:
Good point. Well we shall see. I'm gonna see if I can get a slightly better deal than the price that I found the snow tires with wheels at. They look like a good deal.
Keep us posted!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

We had a very successful day at the garage! Thanks to Dave and Don for all of the help and work!!!!!!!!!!!

Part laid out and ready to go!!

The exhaust looks good and sounds great!!

Time to fix the lights

The master at work

Success!!!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I will post a video of the exhaust tomorrow or Monday when I have some time 8)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

So, you made it home OK, nothing on fire? :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:So, you made it home OK, nothing on fire? :mrgreen:
There was some rattling going on but other than that, it is all good!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
classicjim

Post by classicjim »

So is that not pretty normal for things to rattle
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

classicjim wrote:So is that not pretty normal for things to rattle
LOL - I guess it is.

The best part is without the resonator, I won't get hung up on the trailer :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Exhaust rattles, or something else?

We still have time to take another run up to school and put it on the lift again to sort that out, I wouldn't want you to have to listen to rattles the whole trip!

Are you planning to trailer it to Cuba or drive it?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:Exhaust rattles, or something else?

We still have time to take another run up to school and put it on the lift again to sort that out, I wouldn't want you to have to listen to rattles the whole trip!

It's coming from the rear and it is exhaust. I need to look under to see what is going on.

I will probably drive it, especially if John and Don drive theirs.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It wouldn't hurt now that everything's sorta seated in to go back over every nut and bolt and give them all a bit of a twist to see they all stayed tight, you might find something has worked loose or we missed something on our final tighten. Don't forget to check those manifold nuts too
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

MiniManiac wrote:
Minidave wrote:Exhaust rattles, or something else?

It's coming from the rear and it is exhaust. I need to look under to see what is going on.

I will probably drive it, especially if John and Don drive theirs.
John plans to drive Moxie. Otherwise, he's going to need to find a tow vehicle because I'll need ours to work while y'all are gone. Someone has to make some $. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Don says to look at where the muffler is close to the subframe at the very back, it may be hitting there. We can grind or even bend that edge if it needs more clearance.
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote: John plans to drive Moxie. Otherwise, he's going to need to find a tow vehicle because I'll need ours to work while y'all are gone. Someone has to make some $. :wink:
It looks like I will be driving!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW