Tires, Tyres, Tars

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Tires, Tyres, Tars

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, I think my track days may be done, however I may have a new adventure on the horizon.....

Since I drive about 4k a year now, these should last a good long time!
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Minidave wrote:Yeah, I think my track days may be done, however I may have a new adventure on the horizon.....
Say it ain't so on the track days, Minidave. :( :( :(

I may be in the same boat, however. Not sure my Justa can do many more track days since its about to go over 200k miles! :(
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

I'll chime in on track days... I miss the first few years of track days when it cost about $60, a tank of gas and half a day w/3 groupings. Nowadays, it costs 2x, an entire day, and no more track time due to extra classes. It has been fun, though, to experience the entire track, vs the shorter courses in the past.

AS for tires, I have the summer/winter sets of wheels/tires and since I live and work around hills, I have greatly appreciated the value of Blizzaks in the winter and needless to say, the sticky quick summer turn in of the Dunlop Direzzas. The Dunlops do have a short life span and have gotten fairly noisy in their remaining 50%. I also use 16" tires. Before the Blizzaks, I ran Michelin all-seasons as winter tires, but only because I already had them and wanted to wear them out before purchasing dedicated snow tires. For me, there's no comparison between all-seasons and dedicated winter tires (when it comes to snow and ice).

I think All-seasons vs snow tires in KC is always a tough decision due to the fluctuation of snow (or no snow) that we've seen in past winters. Also, I drive my Blizzaks very conservatively on those 50F + winter days--which except for this winter, are pretty common. Yesterday was about 75F for the Donut Run, but while writing this post today, I look out over the new snow in my backyard and it's 30F.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up