water in clubby

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

water in clubby

Post by Glasspony »

does anyone know how water gets into the well under the back deck where a spare fits. Is there roof drains that might be plugged????
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: water in clubby

Post by Minidave »

If you have a sunroof, chances are they're clogged, causing this.....

If not, it could be coming in around the rear door seals...
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

WildThang has the solution. Based on experience...
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

Well sorta kinda...but my experience was on a R53. Not a Clubman.

There are some vents at the rear on the hardtop that if they're broken, or off their mounts will let water up into the rear area of an R53. I don't know if they're on a Clubman. On the R53 these ducts tie into the rear bumper vents and the interior of the car I think. I was having water build up in the battery box in the boot on my R53. Really bad things happened then...

Tracing down where the water enters is not fun. Start with those barn doors on the back. Watch those seals really close over a day or two where the car gets wet. Check for leaks. If not there maybe the roof drains...but I doubt that's it.

I tried to find the leak mine had for a month. Drove me insane...took it to the dealer. It was raining that day. When I got there the battery box had a quarter inch of water in it. I had the service tech look at it with me and said "find the leak, fix it". Took the dealer 2 days to find it. By running water sprinklers on the rear and under the bottom while the car was in up in the air on a lift.