Out in the 505 for a year

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Out in the 505 for a year

Post by nine5raptor »

Hello fellow MINIacs,

Chris here (with the red/white R56). I was wondering if anyone knew of a MINI club in the Albuquerque, NM or Santa Fe area? I found a club online (New Mexico Mini Motoring) but they haven't been active in a year and not very active before that. I miss the MINI family in KC.

BTW, I went by Sandia MINI (the only dealer around), and they wanted $130 for the same oil change Baron does for $69! I about blew an O-ring when they told me that!!!

Looking to make contact with some locals to find a good independent shop (I am in an apartment for a year as well and brought my tools but I don't have my garage and driveway to work in for the year).

Thanks for any tips leading to a connection,
Chris
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Out in the 505 for a year

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Sandia MINI has been a stop for the last 2 MTTS events. Nothing but great things to say about them -- gracious and generous hosts, and bent over backwards to get my car fixed back in 2012 on MTTS. It was a minor issue, fortunately, but they were super attentive.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

Thanks for the info. I will likely go to them for my oil change and check up. Just pricey.
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Have you asked at Sandia about a local club?

I see what you mean -- just did a web search and Facebook search...nothing current out there for some reason.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever