Well I feel stupid.

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Well I feel stupid.

Post by kenshin138 »

As some of you may know, we bought 2 MINIs last year. A 2012 S hardtop and a 2014 S Countryman. On the latter, you think I'd have given even a passing thought to the OEM tires. I mean, clearly an automatic, FWD vehicle with the cold-weather package would have all-seasons on it right? Yea, not so much. Drive home today was a bit scary, doubly so once I realized the car has the DUELER H/P SPORT summers on it.

Looks like I'm digging my car out of the garage until I can get some all-seasons for the Countryman. It's my wife's, car. Thankfully I was driving it.

Idiot.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Well I feel stupid.

Post by Minidave »

Yeah, those summer only tires .......not so much on a cold day, even worse with ice and snow........ 8)
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Picked up some 225/50 17 Continental DWS. Yay for safety. Boo for having to spend money on my wife's car and not mine. :)
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I liked those tires on my car, pity they didn't last any longer than they did.....they were "warranted" for 50K, I barely got 20K out of them.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

kenshin138 wrote:Picked up some 225/50 17 Continental DWS. Yay for safety. Boo for having to spend money on my wife's car and not mine. :)
LOL!!!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Minidave wrote:I liked those tires on my car, pity they didn't last any longer than they did.....they were "warranted" for 50K, I barely got 20K out of them.
Same thing happened to me when I had set of Continental Pro Contact tires on my 2003 a couple of years ago. Replaced those with Yokohama's :indi:
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.