What to pack for a car show

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

What to pack for a car show

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

With car show season quickly approaching (and lots of us headed to the Bolivar cruise-in next weekend), I thought I'd ask what's in your car show bag of necessities?

Detailing products you like?

Creature comforts that make an hours-long show more comfortable?
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: What to pack for a car show

Post by Minidave »

Comfortable fold up chairs, preferably with a roof over them for sun shade - oh and a cupholder is nice too, and a cooler with ice in it...

Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Yes to what Dave said above about a chair!

I also pack a small detailing kit, a little cooler with beverages and a snack (although I also try to buy some goodies at a car show to support their cause) and sunscreen. Oh, and KC MINI Club cards, because I always seem to run into someone who also has a MINI or a Mini but doesn't know about the club.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I usually wash my car before taking it to a show, so I don't carry a lot of detailing supplies, but a couple soft towels are always a good idea, and of course - sunscreen!

One other thing - since most people carry a smart phone today, most don't take a camera, but I do - a small point and shoot. I always regret it when I forget mine! I carry about a 10 year old Canon Powershot, $100 then and it still takes terrific shots - I'm no professional photog, but they'll do nicely for the web. But I have to admit the cameras in the new smartphones are pretty terrific too, plus you can post directly to your cloud storage with them, so they do have their advantages.

Since I'm still last century (I have a dumb phone, it makes phone calls) I carry both. :mrgreen:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)