Building a Resource List

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Building a Resource List

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

A few of the same questions are asked frequently, which has me thinking we should build a Resource List.

Here are the questions that come to mind:
Where to get a MINI repaired
What body shop to go to
Where to get auto glass replaced

If you'll help me out with your answers and suggestions to these questions as well as any others you see come up often, I'll compile them into one tidy post and add it here on the forum, pinning it to the top for easy reference. Thanks!!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Building a Resource List

Post by MiniManiac »

I use Hobby Monster Customs in Tonganoxie for powder coating. They have great prices and their work is outstanding.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Like your idea. What happened to the DIY Link?
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

It's still there Hagar, top listing under Lounge.... viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1718

Also there is a thread on local shops = viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2321

The ones most often mentioned after Baron are George's Imports in Martin City (highly recommended by several club members, including me) and KC Autosport in Merriam.

For engine machine work Nolan's for heads, and KC Engines for anything internal
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

When I click the DIY link, I get an error that the link can not be found. :(
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Hagar46 wrote:When I click the DIY link, I get an error that the link can not be found. :(
I am also unable to get the soopercooper page to load. Will keep an eye on it for the next couple of days to see if it's a server issue on their end. If the page is dead, I'll remove the post. Thanks for the heads up, Hagar46.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Mcjunmp
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Mcjunmp »

I use D&D tire in Lawrence, Austin one of their time techs is amazing and does great work. Window tinting again in Lawrence Solar Concepts, just had my sunroof retinted amazing work.
'09 S Clubman
Michaelb
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Michaelb »

The best window tint and clear bra applicators is Midwest Tint on Shawnee Mission Parkway. Great work and great people.
"Dexter" 2015 F55 S Electric Blue /White Stripes
"Angus" 2013 R55 S Pepper White/Black, Red Stripes , Lots of Carbon Fiber inside and out
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

Uli at Hafkemeyer Motors in Waldo was the service manager at the first Bimmer franchise in KC: the one that is now Baron.