Thnking of getting back in....

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Thnking of getting back in....

Post by sweetlou »

Hello All,

After five plus years away from Mini Alicia (and I) want back in, eyeing a 2012 Countryman S AWD with right under 18K miles. I have been reading reviews and its all doom and gloom and it does have me concerned. Our 05 did make its fair amount of trips to Baron and we were always treated well there but I don't want to experience all the horros the ole internet is spewing, so I come to the people who drive them daily asking real owners opinions on the quality of the vehicle now a days, of course particually Countryman with the Automatic Trans. I know more reliable cars are out there but man there is something about driving a Mini that has never gone away.

Thanks for your time
Mark
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Thnking of getting back in....

Post by kenshin138 »

The only bad things I've heard about the ALL4 is when it's paired with the manual transmission, especially the first few years they were out. So in this case, I think the auto is a more reliable option.

My wife has a 2014 Countryman S FWD and we've not had issues. Then again, it only has 30k on it, so still young.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Laurie, paging Laurie... :D And Country Bob... I think those two might have some insight for you, Mark!

(And please come back. It would be great to see you guys somewhere besides Target and urgent care. :lol: )
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Here I am! I know how you feel about there being something about a Mini. I had an 05 and left for a few years with a 10 Mazda. I now have a 13 Justa Countryman. Not an all wheel drive and it's an automatic. I really love it. I haven't had any issues at all really. There was a water pump issue when I first got it but that was taken care of under warranty. Currently have 25K on it and haven't had to visit Baron except for routine maintenance. I do wish that I had gotten an S. I could use a little more get up and go sometimes. Come back, we can always use another enthusiast ;-)
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Dimini has one of the very first ones sold and they've had no trouble with it.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I keep thinking of changing to a JCW C-Man. I just can't let go of the R56 - LOL.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Wait for the new Clubman, then decide.....it will be here in a week or two.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)