Lack of Interest

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Lack of Interest

Postby BLUGOOSE » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:39 pm

Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s

MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Lack of Interest

Postby MiniManiac » Sun Jan 01, 2017 6:56 pm

BLUGOOSE wrote:Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:

It has been very quiet lately. I think it is just the time of year. We had our end of season blow-out event in October (better than ever this year) and I think that most of the folks behind that event have taken a well deserved breather. I think that once the weather turns back into driving weather, the site will begin to pick back up.

We do have a new crop of folks posting all over the FB site and I bet they will make their way here once they see the utility of an actual forum.

See you in the Spring!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby ragtopday Johnna » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:29 pm

HI FRANK!!! Miss you! :D

There's all sorts of fun stuff going on over on Facebook, but maybe there's a way to encourage more conversation to happen here. Who has ideas on how to make that happen?

I like the forum vs. Facebook for talking about repairs, mods, etc... because it is all well archived and easier to search for down the road than on Facebook. I hope we aren't losing information by leaning toward Facebook more often than the forum. I also see the same questions often on Facebook that could be quickly answered here.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX2's classic, Moxie.

MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby MiniManiac » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:59 pm

ragtopday wrote:HI FRANK!!! Miss you! :D

There's all sorts of fun stuff going on over on Facebook, but maybe there's a way to encourage more conversation to happen here. Who has ideas on how to make that happen?

I like the forum vs. Facebook for talking about repairs, mods, etc... because it is all well archived and easier to search for down the road than on Facebook. I hope we aren't losing information by leaning toward Facebook more often than the forum. I also see the same questions often on Facebook that could be quickly answered here.

Johnna, agreed! Facebook is good for quick replies and posting photos but the forum is a much better resource for talking repairs and events. It is good to have both and I hope we can continue to utilize each of these resources.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW

Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Counterfit_Mini » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Hello :wave: :D
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Bob: 2017 VW Golf

Bsto09
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Bsto09 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 8:44 pm

I'm here! To be honest, I don't really check the lounge very often. But this means I should start! Lol
-Bryce

08 R55 MINI Clubman S (Agatha)

canderson1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby canderson1 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 9:14 pm

Stopping by to say hello! :wave:

Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Zack » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:01 am

BLUGOOSE wrote:Whats happened with our club site? Seems it has gone the way of dinosaurs and flip phones. Which by the way, I have. The phone,not the dino. Not all of us are into social media and it saddens me to think that our site is going by the wayside. :( Not sure what to do to liven things up a bit. I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. Come on guys, come on back. We need your comments,anecdotes,and questions. Maybe it's just the time of year. I hope so :wink:

Hey Frank. I'm here. Been busy with things and my grad school semester starting back up again. Plus I don't have any exciting odd problems to post about with my Mini since I got the Clubman. But don't worry. I will post more at some point. We need more social events, even small ones that not everyone goes to are fun with a few Miniacs attending. I think more people need to post on here. I have never been a fan of Facebook and dont think it helps with genuine communication with friends and family.

We need to encourage more people to post on the forum. Maybe even have a thread that is just for things that would normally be posted on Facebook. Maybe even a separate section.
Current MINI's

McCoy - 2014 Mini JCW Clubman

Rocky - 2008 Mini Cooper S JCW

Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S "Oliver"
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman "Sirius"
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW “Apollo” R.I.P

CathyV
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby CathyV » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:27 am

Hey Frank! I do not go to the Forum often - but then, like you, I notice that there are not a lot of people on here. FB is too convenient for those of us on Facebook, but I think the Forum is a good place to communicate and keep non-Mini topics out of the mix. I will try to do better.

Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Zack » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:48 pm

We need to make the forum more important than the Facebook page. I think people get too complacent with Facebook. It isn't the best thing in the world and I believe it prevents people from actually interacting with each other. Some would argue that more millenials use Facebook but I know a lot of them who think it's a waste of time and doesn't help foster friendships or coordinate events. Had it not been for the forum and some people I knew who were on the forum I never would have found the Mini Club to begin with.

I will now step off the soapbox so that others can use it.
Current MINI's

Former MINI's

MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby MiniManiac » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:55 pm

BLUGOOSE wrote:I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. :wink:

Zack is like Elf on a Shelf - always watching!! LOL
Seth
08 MCS - JCW

Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Minidave » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:28 pm

I've been out of internet range for the last week, but I'm home now......
Hi! My name's Dave!

"Max" '09 LB/LB Clubman S
"Racing Green" 89 Mini

Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Zack » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:08 am

MiniManiac wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:I mean its gotten so bad that Zach hasn't posted in over a week or two. :wink:

Zack is like Elf on a Shelf - always watching!! LOL

Yep.
Current MINI's

Former MINI's

MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby MiniManiac » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:58 pm

Zackattack28 wrote:Yep.

LOL. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW

landspeed
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby landspeed » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:19 pm

I'm new here......but, I will try to check in more often.

Chris

BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby BLUGOOSE » Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:49 pm

My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s

Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Postby Zack » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 pm

BLUGOOSE wrote:My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P

Bob might be working. You know how Hallmark is.
Current MINI's

Former MINI's

ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Postby ragtopday Johnna » Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:20 pm

Zackattack28 wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:My thanks to those of you that actually returned to our site. But where is B O B Bob :P

Bob might be working. You know how Hallmark is.

Bob is retiring! http://shawneemissionpost.com/2017/01/0 ... ness-59518
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX2's classic, Moxie.

Return to “MINI Lounge”