Spark plug questions

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
landspeed
MINIAC
MINIAC

Spark plug questions

Post by landspeed »

When is the recommended spark plug change for a 2012 Countryman? CARMAX said that our plugs were shot at 33K & they replaced them today after our car 'coded' 3 times in less than 30 days. It just seemed odd that they needed to be replaced that soon. I asked the "tech" if he could save and label the plugs.......but I guess that didn't get relayed back to the shop.

Thanks,
Chris
South Waldo
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Spark plug questions

Post by Minidave »

I believe the book calls for them to be changed at 60K, if you're setting codes tho.......but why are you taking your MINI to Carmax for repairs? Seems to me the MINI dealer would be a better choice, plus too and also it might be covered under the warranty.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Spark plug questions

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:I believe the book calls for them to be changed at 60K, if you're setting codes tho.......but why are you taking your MINI to Carmax for repairs? Seems to me the MINI dealer would be a better choice, plus too and also it might be covered under the warranty.
It is 60K per MINI. The price per plug at MINI is ridiculous and you can get them for about 1/3 the price just about anywhere else.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!