Any R56 Justa's out there with Muffler Delete?

General discussions related to MINIs and Minis
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Any R56 Justa's out there with Muffler Delete?

Post by Zack »

Toying with the idea of a muffler delete but every video is just some Buffoon revving the engine. I want to hear one drive around so I know what I would potentially be getting myself into before I cut off my muffler. Otherwise I'm going the magnaflow route because, while expensive, it's easier.

Anyone out there with a muffler delete on their R56 non-S. This doesn't include the R50's.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Any R56 Justa's out there with Muffler Delete?

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:Toying with the idea of a muffler delete but every video is just some Buffoon revving the engine. I want to hear one drive around so I know what I would potentially be getting myself into before I cut off my muffler. Otherwise I'm going the magnaflow route because, while expensive, it's easier.

Anyone out there with a muffler delete on their R56 non-S. This doesn't include the R50's.
What about just deleting the resonator? I wouldn't drop the muffler, that would be too ghetto.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:Toying with the idea of a muffler delete but every video is just some Buffoon revving the engine. I want to hear one drive around so I know what I would potentially be getting myself into before I cut off my muffler. Otherwise I'm going the magnaflow route because, while expensive, it's easier.

What about just deleting the resonator? I wouldn't drop the muffler, that would be too ghetto.
Thought about it until I watched a video of one with the resonator removed. It sounded more ghetto and ricer than just the muffler delete. The muffler delete sounded so much better. But I want to hear one driving and the only ones I can see where one is driving it is a Cooper S
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote: Thought about it until I watched a video of one with the resonator removed. It sounded more ghetto and ricer than just the muffler delete. The muffler delete sounded so much better. But I want to hear one driving and the only ones I can see where one is driving it is a Cooper S
Fair enough. I always thought the resonator delete was a good mod over the muffler delete but to each their own. If I find a clip of what you are looking for, I will post up the link.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote: Thought about it until I watched a video of one with the resonator removed. It sounded more ghetto and ricer than just the muffler delete. The muffler delete sounded so much better. But I want to hear one driving and the only ones I can see where one is driving it is a Cooper S
Fair enough. I always thought the resonator delete was a good mod over the muffler delete but to each their own. If I find a clip of what you are looking for, I will post up the link.
Thanks Seth.

I did see videos of the muffler deletes on the S cars. Those sounded really raspy. The resonator deletes on the S cars sounded decent.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S