Page 1 of 1

Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:40 pm
by CowboyCoop
Well we Just ordered the 2017 Mini Countryman, Color Island Blue name to be determined. Crossing fingers for 8 Weeks or less. Photo reflecting color attached. Also informally putting out there that I most likely will be selling the 2012 Clubman 73,000 miles. Your thoughts? opinions? Concerns?

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:35 pm
by MiniManiac
CowboyCoop wrote:Well we Just ordered the 2017 Mini Countryman, Color Island Blue name to be determined. Crossing fingers for 8 Weeks or less. Photo reflecting color attached. Also informally putting out there that I most likely will be selling the 2012 Clubman 73,000 miles. Your thoughts? opinions? Concerns?


About the one you bought or the one you are selling? Congrats on the purchase and good luck on the sale :).

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 am
by DA MINI
Going BIG time! Think you'll really enjoy the Countryman..
When selling your Clubman think about how much sales tax you'll save by trading in versus the hassle of selling yourself.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:22 pm
by Zack
DA MINI wrote:Going BIG time! Think you'll really enjoy the Countryman..
When selling your Clubman think about how much sales tax you'll save by trading in versus the hassle of selling yourself.


From experience, I know you'll make more selling it yourself and can then apply to your car payment later. My Clubman has 65,000 on the clock and has more options than yours but as a trade in is only worth maybe 6 or 7 grand whereas selling it it is worth 10 to 11 grand.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:36 pm
by MiniManiac
Zackattack28 wrote:From experience, I know you'll make more selling it yourself and can then apply to your car payment later. My Clubman has 65,000 on the clock and has more options than yours but as a trade in is only worth maybe 6 or 7 grand whereas selling it it is worth 10 to 11 grand.


I need you to sell my 08 JCW. You seem to always be able to get more than the KB value on these cars. :).

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:13 pm
by Zack
MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:From experience, I know you'll make more selling it yourself and can then apply to your car payment later. My Clubman has 65,000 on the clock and has more options than yours but as a trade in is only worth maybe 6 or 7 grand whereas selling it it is worth 10 to 11 grand.


I need you to sell my 08 JCW. You seem to always be able to get more than the KB value on these cars. :).


What you want for it?

And as someone once said, a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

The JCW's are sought after, so they seem to always sell st a premium. The base model Minis are PZEV vehicles so eco friendly people love them. If the car looks really good, they will sometimes pay what you want for it.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:06 pm
by CowboyCoop
Thanks for the words of encouragement, when weather gets nice, car cleaned again, Might list it, Yeh I was shocked at how little I would get for it for trade, and even lower price at Car Max. But again I realize someone has to make a profit margin. So not hating on anyone. Or we might just be a 3 Mini family.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:28 am
by nine5raptor
I have only traded in 1 car and I regretted it after. For what they gave me, I should have kept it with only bare bones insurance for a parts runner. With that being said, though, your MINI is worth a lot more than my wife's Cavalier was when we traded it in. I've had good luck selling all of my other cars through Craiglist, although, it has been a few years and my last one was before the site got so Scammy.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:35 am
by MiniManiac
nine5raptor wrote:I have only traded in 1 car and I regretted it after. For what they gave me, I should have kept it with only bare bones insurance for a parts runner. With that being said, though, your MINI is worth a lot more than my wife's Cavalier was when we traded it in. I've had good luck selling all of my other cars through Craiglist, although, it has been a few years and my last one was before the site got so Scammy.


The last car I sold was on Craigslist. I had it listed on autotrader for 3 months and I got nothing but tire kickers. I put it on Craigslist (reluctantly) and it sold within a week. It was just perfect timing and I sold it to a great couple looking for a good used mini van :).

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:33 pm
by Zack
MiniManiac wrote:
nine5raptor wrote:I have only traded in 1 car and I regretted it after. For what they gave me, I should have kept it with only bare bones insurance for a parts runner. With that being said, though, your MINI is worth a lot more than my wife's Cavalier was when we traded it in. I've had good luck selling all of my other cars through Craiglist, although, it has been a few years and my last one was before the site got so Scammy.


The last car I sold was on Craigslist. I had it listed on autotrader for 3 months and I got nothing but tire kickers. I put it on Craigslist (reluctantly) and it sold within a week. It was just perfect timing and I sold it to a great couple looking for a good used mini van :).


I never had success on Craigslist, though I did list it there. I lucked out with my R53. I used to autocross, so I posted it on the autocross forum and about 3 weeks after I bought my Clubman, I sold the R53.

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:56 pm
by MiniManiac
Zackattack28 wrote:I never had success on Craigslist, though I did list it there. I lucked out with my R53. I used to autocross, so I posted it on the autocross forum and about 3 weeks after I bought my Clubman, I sold the R53.


It just shows that you never know where you will find success :)

Re: Mini Countryman 2017

Posted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:59 pm
by Zack
MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote:I never had success on Craigslist, though I did list it there. I lucked out with my R53. I used to autocross, so I posted it on the autocross forum and about 3 weeks after I bought my Clubman, I sold the R53.


It just shows that you never know where you will find success :)


True.

I think the success in selling his Clubman will be sell the fun aspects of it, the driving, the color, and so forth. Also the affordability and gas mileage. If it is a stick shift I bet I could find people on the autocross forum who would want it but if it is an automatic, sell up the fact that it is a fun to drive commuter with good fuel economy.