hctiev's suggestion...

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

hctiev's suggestion...

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

hctiev wrote:How about a folder that is just for "showing off" and "how to do" various Mods?

As a collective group, we have a assembled a tremendous amount of tribal knowledge in doing things to our cars - mods. In most cases, we have the answers and expertise to do the most pressing modification and some cases we even have the pictures to prove it!

I think it might be good to start a new folder for the collection and catalog of mods.

Taking it a step further, for a one time donation of $X to our Mini club, individuals can have unlimited access to that folder - and limit that folder's rights to just those who have supported the club. The information might be of interest and could generate some revenue for the club.

Thoughts?
Here ya go...a new spot per your suggestion. If folks find something here that is helpful, perhaps they can chip in at the next club $ collection if they feel so inclined. Thanks, Alex, for the great suggestion!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

Wow, that was fast. The paying part was just an idea.

...but free is good and since I made the suggestion and you did it right away, I'll donate $20 to the club.

How about some pics of painted calipers - I think this is something I'm going to tackle this weekend. I've had a few suggestion on another post - still looking for ideas and suggestions.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

I painted the calipers on both my Mini and my Saab. The Mini calipers are still super shiny, but the Saab calipers have begun to peel and look pretty crappy. I think I may have accidentally sprayed some wheel cleaner on the calipers which penetrated the paint. Be very careful when you clean your wheels.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
DDodge

Post by DDodge »

And then there's the world's best paint remover . . . brake fluid. :)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

With a little help from MINIdave, I installed OutMotoring black gauge faceplates. If there's interest, I could shoot a snapshot and post it. I think its a risky mod, though, maybe on par with the joeymod headlight deconstruction... I identified three areas of potential novice DIY harm. 1) Break the tach. 2) break the speedo. 3) puncture the upper dash pad while removing gauge surrounds.

Anyway, I used a well-written DIY post from NAM to guide me through this mod. I'm comfortable with under-hood/under-car mods, but for me, the interior is scary. Yanking on plastic dash parts or "gently" pulling off the gauge needles from their spindly little armatures causes me to hold my breath and wince. We got through it and I like the "classic" retro look of the gauges. Works well with my black/anthracite interior scheme.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

dimini wrote:With a little help from MINIdave, I installed OutMotoring black gauge faceplates. If there's interest, I could shoot a snapshot and post it. I think its a risky mod, though, maybe on par with the joeymod headlight deconstruction... I identified three areas of potential novice DIY harm. 1) Break the tach. 2) break the speedo. 3) puncture the upper dash pad while removing gauge surrounds.

Anyway, I used a well-written DIY post from NAM to guide me through this mod. I'm comfortable with under-hood/under-car mods, but for me, the interior is scary. Yanking on plastic dash parts or "gently" pulling off the gauge needles from their spindly little armatures causes me to hold my breath and wince. We got through it and I like the "classic" retro look of the gauges. Works well with my black/anthracite interior scheme.
You HAVE to post pics of this mod!!! :cheers:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!