MINI Jacking

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINI Jacking

Post by matti the mini »

Here is a technique that I found a while back on NAM or somwhere... I redid the images when I put Matti's summer shoes on today.

http://homepage.mac.com/bskeie/MINI_Jacking/
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Thanks for posting that.........

For those of us with aero kits (Mine's factory, I don't know about aftermarket) this solution doesn't work so well. I find that I can get under the subframe in the rear and easily lift high enough to get a jack stand on both sides of the rear, the front is a little harder as I have yet to find a good centally located spot that I can reach as the front airdam gets in the way. Usually I wind up lifting from the rear jack point first and get it high enough to get a jackstand under the front jack point on that side, then I can get under the front subframe and get the other side up too. Once the front is safely supported I can go to the rear and lift it and put in both rear supports. It's a bit of a PITA. I wonder if I can modify a 2X4 so that I can do it the way they show in the attachment?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
hctiev

Post by hctiev »

That rocks! Very well done and something I'm sure many people will find helpful. Thanks.
MiniGeoff
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniGeoff »

This is pretty useful, I'd wondered how exactly to do this.

But when I saw "mini-jacking" I thought someone's car got stolen! :lol:
03 PS/Bl MCS - Alta CAI - Alta 15% pulley - Denso Irdiums - Kingsborne wires - Screamin' Deamon Coil - Yellow Konis - H-Sport Springs - H-Sport rear swaybar - H-Sport adjustable rear control arms - M7 Front strut brace - Sold
06 Subaru WRX