Service counter reset?

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
speed_racer

Service counter reset?

Post by speed_racer »

Ok, I did a search and couldn't find it. :?

KC Autosport just did an oil change for me but didn't reset the service counter thingy. Can I do this myself? How? And no, I didn't check the book yet. I thought I'd be able to find it here easier...

Thanks! :D
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

try this, but mine changed the interval @ 15,500

To reset the service interval indicator:

push trip button

turn ignition key to position 1 and 15A will appear to left of mileage

release trip button

wait 3 seconds

push trip button

wait (5 - 8 seconds) for RST to appear in left corner

release trip button

push trip button

15000 [or kilometer equivalent] will appear as new service interval

release trip button

The miles [or kilometers] until next service will now count down from the reset interval.
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Thanks- that's exactly what I was looking for! I'll give it a shot at lunch. :D
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

May I ask how much KC Autosport charged for an oil change? I am out of maintenance now and I don't plan on going to Baron for that type of work. I know I could do it myself, but I don't want to.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Laurie wrote:May I ask how much KC Autosport charged for an oil change? I am out of maintenance now and I don't plan on going to Baron for that type of work. I know I could do it myself, but I don't want to.
I'm the same way: I could do it, but that doesn't mean I want to. They charged approx. $53. It was quite reasonable, really, compared to Baron's quote of $100 or so. :shock:
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by sweetlou »

I changed the oil in alicia's car this weekend, even put in some High Performance oil. I must say it was one of the easier ones to do, and I have done a few.

Mark

two cents.
speed_racer

Post by speed_racer »

Well, the service counter won't reset. Instead of the 15A I get a 51A, then rst, then it says end, then it goes back to the same count. I'll try it again, but I might have to have someone help me if I can't get it to work. Normally I can get things accomplished if I have the instructions, but this is not going as well. :roll:
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

yea, I had to do it 3 or 4 times before it took--
keep after it and it will work for you
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
monza

Post by monza »

sweetlou wrote:I changed the oil in alicia's car this weekend, even put in some High Performance oil. I must say it was one of the easier ones to do, and I have done a few.

except for that god awful oil filter location :evil: Used to have a Neon that had the same engine architecture and its filter was right by the pan, you could drain the oil from the filter while draining the pan. Easy. The filter on the MINI is just poorly placed...