Temp Gauge Repair

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Temp Gauge Repair

Post by Minidave »

Another successful repair in MinDave's MiniShop!

MiniManic's classic had a duff temp gauge, a cursory look around revealed no power going to the temp sensor in the cylinder head, so after we found good continuity between the cluster and the temp sensor we pulled the cluster to take a closer look inside it.

Once I got the multi gauge out of the cluster and on the bench MiniX2's sharp eyes spotted a tiny wire that had come unsoldered on the temp gauge assy. I broke out the soldering iron and in a few minutes we had it stuck back where it belonged. We also took that opportunity to fix a broken flexible circuit board contact by wiring around it with a bit of wire and a couple of connectors. Once back in the car, everything lit up properly! Job done!

I also gave Seth a wiring diagram on the proper way to wire up his driving lights, so he should have them up and running correctly soon too. A poor engine running problem was traced to an incorrect wiring setup to the coil.

We needed to get this all done as the weather is going to change for the worse tonight and he needs to get the little bugger back home and safe in it's garage!

He and MiniX2 rolled out a few minutes ago and I haven't heard any distress calls, so I think it's all good now.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Temp Gauge Repair

Post by MiniManiac »

MINIDAVE,

All is well in the Mini world!! We made it back to Ft. Thank you so much for your expert work and your mentoring on all things Mini!

Editors Note - I discovered the broken wire. I think John as still eating doughnuts :lol:
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

oops, my bad......I must not have had my glasses on! :mrgreen:

I figured you must have made it when I looked out and the Lazer Blue was gone....

Glad you made it home and dry, I assume the engine ran normally again?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Minidave wrote:oops, my bad......I must not have had my glasses on! :mrgreen:

I figured you must have made it when I looked out and the Lazer Blue was gone....

Glad you made it home and dry, I assume the engine ran normally again?
It ran like a champ!!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!