Thoughts on intercooler diverters and spray bars

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Thoughts on intercooler diverters and spray bars

Post by nine5raptor »

Wanted to see what you all thought about intercooler diverters and spray nozzles.

I'm not sure if I am ready to jump into Water/Meth injection yet, but I like the idea of more flow to the intercooler and evap cooling.

What do you think of these: http://www.madnessmotorworks.com/madnes ... erter.aspx

I would likely hook it to a hobbs switch to activate the sprayers over 5 psi or so and use the washer fluid for the sprayers.

Thoughts? Couldn't find much on NAM or just googling.
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
REDSLED

Re: Thoughts on intercooler diverters and spray bars

Post by REDSLED »

It should work really well for you. It is definitely a sound principle. Im about to install meth myself but I have thought out a spayer for my top mounted intercooler. My only concern for mine would be the mess. I didn't look to see how much that kit was but if it was too much id probably fab one up myself.
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Thoughts on intercooler diverters and spray bars

Post by nine5raptor »

This unit is only $100 as compared to $350-$1000 for the injection systems. I've used a home built water injection system before with good luck on another car. Looking at them for the r56 as well.
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps