Factory Roof Rack Installation

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Factory Roof Rack Installation

Post by dsopoci »

Has anyone ever installed the factory roof rack? I have installed aftermarket ones before, but this one seems a bit more involved.
2009 Cooper S, AEM intake,six spd, chili red with mini challenge stripes
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Factory Roof Rack Installation

Post by MiniManiac »

I have one on my 08. It is a bit of a pain to get on. It is hard to explain. I will take some pics today to show how I am able to get it secure.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

I also bought the bike rails from rockymounts out of Colorado. They are supposed to fit the factory racks.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

dsopoci wrote:I also bought the bike rails from rockymounts out of Colorado. They are supposed to fit the factory racks.
LOL. I have the rocky mount rails as well!! If you have the Euro mounts, then it will fit just fine. Let me go outside and snap a few pics. PM your email and I will send them to you. If you still have trouble, we can link-up and I can get it installed for you.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

After dropping off my mini on June 11, I finally get it back on July 11. I went to pick it up a few days prior because they said it was done, but they seem to have forgotten to put the stripes back onto the hood..I am going to let the paint cure a bit longer and then I will try and get the roof rack on.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

dsopoci wrote:After dropping off my mini on June 11, I finally get it back on July 11. I went to pick it up a few days prior because they said it was done, but they seem to have forgotten to put the stripes back onto the hood..I am going to let the paint cure a bit longer and then I will try and get the roof rack on.
Bring it to Dave's house on the 19th. We can do it there. Garage day!!

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3343
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
dsopoci
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dsopoci »

Another wrench in the gears. I was looking at my mini today and noticed the molding around the roof is popping off in two places and the trim that wraps around the rear above the taillight is coming off as well. Back to the shop it goes. I would come over to the garage day but I work until 4. I will be scared to put the rack on until I know everything is going to hold. :( :x
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

dsopoci wrote:Another wrench in the gears. I was looking at my mini today and noticed the molding around the roof is popping off in two places and the trim that wraps around the rear above the taillight is coming off as well. Back to the shop it goes. I would come over to the garage day but I work until 4. I will be scared to put the rack on until I know everything is going to hold. :( :x
It doesn't hold onto the gutter trim. It actually mounts onto the roof. You cut away the gutter trim to reveal the access to the roof mounting points.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW