Bluetooth OBDII Reader

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
cfrickey

Bluetooth OBDII Reader

Post by cfrickey »

Hi guys. I've been looking at getting a cheapie Bluetooth OBDII reader for my '05 R52. Any suggestions? I've seen some for around $12 on the Amazon, but I don't want to get a box of crap. Thanks!
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Bluetooth OBDII Reader

Post by nine5raptor »

I have been using a:

BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY

bought from Amazon for $14 (used to be more).

Been using it for over a year now almost daily with good luck. I use the Torque App with Track Recorder. App is $5. Great investment.

Used it on about 6 different cars, but I keep it plugged into the MINI full time (2010 Cooper S).
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Bluetooth OBDII Reader

Post by imabyter »

I have the same setup and it works great
nine5raptor wrote:I have been using a:

BAFX Products - Bluetooth OBD2 scan tool - For check engine light & diagnostics - Android ONLY

bought from Amazon for $14 (used to be more).

Been using it for over a year now almost daily with good luck. I use the Torque App with Track Recorder. App is $5. Great investment.

Used it on about 6 different cars, but I keep it plugged into the MINI full time (2010 Cooper S).
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!