Coilovers on the Mini

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
djp2313
MINIAC
MINIAC

Coilovers on the Mini

Post by djp2313 »

Hey All,

Last year I bought ZackAttack28's Mini that he put up. It's been pretty solid since I got it, only making a few superficial changes. Changed some stripes and took out the backseat to add a flat rear floor.
In preparation for the upcoming autocross and road racing season I replaced the stock suspension with some BC Racing coilovers with Swift Springs.
All in all it was a pretty easy change. I took my time and followed some youtube videos, only ran into a couple of snags that were easily overcome.

Here's a few pics

I currently have the car dropped about 1/2 an inch which you can't really tell from the last pic.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Coilovers on the Mini

Post by Minidave »

"Youification"! Gotta love it.....

How does it ride on the coilovers compared to the oem stuff?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
djp2313
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by djp2313 »

"Youification"

So that's what it's called. I'll have to remember that the next time I'm trying to explain buying something for the car.

I've honestly only driven it enough to make sure it didn't fall apart since putting the coilovers on. First impressions are a little bit more harsh but I think part of that might be it's the first time I'm consciously thinking about it so everything is magnified. I also haven't had time to play around with the dampers at all which should make a difference.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Hold onto those fixed camber plates on the old struts. They were expensive. They are actual Z4 bearings welded to plate steel.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW