Phone Mounts

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Phone Mounts

Post by MiniManiac »

What phone mounts are folks using? I ask because I have been relying on my Garmin Eco Route for temp/boost and other gauges but my Eco Route decided to take a dump so I have transitioned to the ELM 327 with the Torque Pro App on my Samsung Galaxy. I would like to get my phone in a position that I can see it without blocking my field of view.

I am looking at the Craven Speed flex mounts plus some generic mounts available on amazon.

Any recommendations?
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Phone Mounts

Post by MiniManiac »

I found an older thread on NAM with some options. I guess no one here is running a cell phone mounted in their MINI.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:I found an older thread on NAM with some options. I guess no one here is running a cell phone mounted in their MINI.
About to have Collin do a Bluetooth retrofit in my car soon but also wouldn't mind a phone mount as well. Seen one that clips into the CD player but most would recommend the phone mount that cravenspeed makes. A bit pricey though.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote: About to have Collin do a Bluetooth retrofit in my car soon but also wouldn't mind a phone mount as well. Seen one that clips into the CD player but most would recommend the phone mount that cravenspeed makes. A bit pricey though.
I like the Kuda mounts but they are way to pricey for me. I think I am going to go with the cheapo Craven Speed mount: http://www.cravenspeed.com/mini-smartphone-fixie-xxl/
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MiniManiac wrote:
Zackattack28 wrote: About to have Collin do a Bluetooth retrofit in my car soon but also wouldn't mind a phone mount as well. Seen one that clips into the CD player but most would recommend the phone mount that cravenspeed makes. A bit pricey though.
I like the Kuda mounts but they are way to pricey for me. I think I am going to go with the cheapo Craven Speed mount: http://www.cravenspeed.com/mini-smartphone-fixie-xxl/
I actually went out and got a $20 magnetic one that has a mount that adheres to the dash. The mount works pretty well though I'm worried the police my think I'm texting and driving given where it is mounted ( on the speedometer shroud)
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Zackattack28 wrote:
MiniManiac wrote:
I actually went out and got a $20 magnetic one that has a mount that adheres to the dash. The mount works pretty well though I'm worried the police my think I'm texting and driving given where it is mounted ( on the speedometer shroud)
Do you have a link to the one you got? There is this mount which looks promising

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BZ ... PDKIKX0DER
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

This is a bit late but the iOttie Easy Flex mounts have been amazing for me and everyone I have bought them for. The current generation is the Easy Flex 3 (I have the second gen). They are cheap but very nice quality and hold a wide range of phones without issue. They even hold onto the highly textured MINI dashboards!!! $17 on amazon!

https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-Mount-Hol ... +easy+flex
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Not too late, especially considering that I haven't bought anything yet. :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

Then definitely check out the iOttie. It is not your average suction cup. It is a SUPER suction cup. It is a complete PITA to remove but somehow does not leave marks or residue. :D
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ksminiman wrote:Then definitely check out the iOttie. It is not your average suction cup. It is a SUPER suction cup. It is a complete PITA to remove but somehow does not leave marks or residue. :D
It looks like the one I have in the classic Mini. Definitely worth it for the money :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW