Adjustable clutch stop and sprintbooster

How-To and Pics of Mods to your MINI/Mini
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Adjustable clutch stop and sprintbooster

Post by Zack »

Anyone have experience with the BMS adjustable clutch stop as well as the sprint booster? Been thinking of getting them. The sprint booster because I have noticed lately that I'm not enamored with the throttle response in my Clubman. The clutch pedal adjustable stop I have heard improves clutch feel and eliminates the dead space behind the pedal.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Adjustable clutch stop and sprintbooster

Post by Minidave »

You understand that the Sprint booster doesn't really do anything, right? It's no different than you pushing the pedal down faster - that's what it does. For the same amount of movement of the throttle pedal, it opens the throttle on the car further - you can do the same thing with your right foot.

Try Sport mode instead, it's already on your car.

Don't know why you need a clutch pedal stop, I have no info to offer on that.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

Minidave wrote:You understand that the Sprint booster doesn't really do anything, right? It's no different than you pushing the pedal down faster - that's what it does. For the same amount of movement of the throttle pedal, it opens the throttle on the car further - you can do the same thing with your right foot.

Try Sport mode instead, it's already on your car.

Don't know why you need a clutch pedal stop, I have no info to offer on that.
In my clubman, pushing the pedal down further does nothing in 6th gear. The throttle response then isn't great even in sport mode.

I guess the only way to get the throttle response back that I was used to is to wait until I can trade it in for a Cooper S or a JCW.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
nine5raptor
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by nine5raptor »

An alternative veiwpoint:

I installed the BMS clutch stop as one of my first mods and very much recommend it. The clutch pedal had too much travel between disengaging and bottoming out on the floor for my taste. I have set up previous cars, with adjust-ability on the clutch master cylinder, to release nearly at the floor. When I take off from a light, I just lift my toes and the clutch begins to engage. The stock set up was too nebulous, for me, as to how high it would engage. The clutch stop fixes that.

I have not used the Sprint Booster, but I run the Alta AP for my tuning device and the map I use has the throttle readjusted to a linear mapping. I haven't checked in a long time, so I can't say for sure, but I believe the stock mapping was flatter at low pedal angles and ramped up as you increased the pedal angle - more half parabolic shaped. The AP linear map makes mine more like Sport Mode, which I don't use Sport Mode as I don't like the increase in steering weight.
2010 MCS CR/W with some custom vinyl, JCW sport suspension (minus FSB), CNT cat back, Add a brake, Alta AP, Devil's Own H2O/Meth Injection, random other little stuff, and some good ol' mud flaps