Minis at the Market/Coopers and Coffee Updates 2016

Our club's largest annual All-MINI/Mini event. A drive, a car show and a whole lot of (fun)draising for our community in late October/early November. 2024 will be the 18th annual gathering!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minis at the Market/Coopers and Coffee Updates 2016

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

A bit of info on Coopers and Coffee on the 16th:

Lunch is on-your-own this year with several on-site food trucks options to choose from. Here are the trucks The Roasterie has scheduled:
Cheeesy Pops' Pizza
Estrella Azul Paz
Chef Tito’s American Fusion

(For those with a dietary restriction or preference, please have a good look at the offerings and as always, you are welcome to bring your own eats if none of these work for you. :) )

Additionally, there are several local vendors who will be on-site. They include:
Roadside Runway
BethAnn's Boutique
KC proud
Made in KC
Wild Wash Soap Co.
HAND & LAND

Please consider bringing your own chair as you would to most car shows. There is some seating at Food Truck Brunch, however we would easily take up all of the seating and leave none for the other customers.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Minis at the Market/Coopers and Coffee Updates

Frequently Asked Questions

1. How much are raffle tickets?
Raffle tickets are $5 each or 5/$20. Super raffle tickets are $20 each or 3/$50. You may pay cash for raffle tickets OR write a check directly to either KC Pet Project or Harvesters. All club members can participate in the raffle even if you are not showing your car. The raffle is for club members only, not the general public.

2. What's for lunch?
Lunch is on your own this year. Three food trucks will be on site. The Roasterie Cafe also has a selection of snacks inside.

3. Should I bring my own chair?
YES. There is some seating at Food Truck Brunch, however we want to leave it open for other customers and not take up all of the seating the entire time.

4. Where do I get my shirt?
If you ordered and paid for a shirt, it will be in your registration bag.

5. Where and when do we meet on October 16th?
Info is coming soon. You'll be given a very specific meetup location and car number to assist in parking. Parking space is limited this year, so please be patient with the club volunteers who will guide you into a space.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Lots of questions today about Minis at the Market/Coopers and Coffee. Thanks for your patience. I've been working with club volunteers today to tie up loose ends. Final details will be sent your way by tomorrow.
Questions from today:
1. Are there more spots available for cars at the show? Potentially. That is being worked on right now after an afternoon meeting at The Roasterie to finalize logistics.
2. What time will we meet up for the show? In the past, we have met in one parking area. This year you'll be assigned a group and address to meet near The Roasterie. Parking will be by groups. You'll want to be in your group by 8:45 and parking will begin at 9. The show is from 10-2, so you'll have plenty of time to shine your ride before the public arrives.
3. Can I bring my dog? YES! That's also new this year. The Roasterie's Food Truck Brunch is pet-friendly.
4. Is there shade? Yes. There is a large overhang as well as inside space at The Roasterie cafe. Our cars are not parked under the overhang however.
5. Should I bring a chair? Another big YES. Please bring a chair so the seating and tables for other Food Truck Brunch customers aren't completely consumed by us the entire day.
6. Where do I buy raffle tickets? Eric and Melody will have plenty of raffle tickets to buy at the show. Please bring cash or your checkbook.
7. Where can I get coffee? Two places: starting at 10 The Roasterie Airstream will be open. Lately it has been the spot for cold brew, too. Starting at 9, The Roasterie Cafe will be open.
8. Are there tours of The Roasterie? YES! Two tours: 10:30 and 12:30. Both are free.
Have more questions? Ask away. (And if you have an answer, feel free to chime in. I'm just one of many making this show happen.)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

car show itinerary.jpg
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If you are registered, you should have received an email with your line up group information. Here's the map for reference:
carshowparking.jpg