MINIs at the Market Parking

Our club's largest annual All-MINI/Mini event. A drive, a car show and a whole lot of (fun)draising for our community in late October/early November. 2024 will be the 18th annual gathering!
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

MINIs at the Market Parking

Post by Glasspony »

i
Last edited by Glasspony on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs at the Market Parking

Post by MiniManiac »

I believe that the plan is to park by class. We have enough MINIs to make this happen and I think it will be a really cool event. This is no different than literally every other car show that I have attended. I have an 07S, 08JCW and a Classic so I am sure that one them will be in a different class :).

I am not sure if you are making a veiled threat about there being a problem or maybe I am just reading into your statement a bit too much. If this is indeed a problem for you, then I recommend giving up your spot to someone else.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

I think the class parking will be great. We should have done it sooner if you ask me. It just makes sense. I'm not sure why people are upset they can't park by someone specifically. It's not like there will be thousands of cars there and you won't see them. Park your car in your class and sit by your friends.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

o
Last edited by Glasspony on Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

I'm pretty sure it will be by R number, so people can see the differences in the cars overt the years.....I understand some people are bringing 2 cars, if it's a problem not being able to park next to your other car, maybe only bring one car and that will let someone else attend too?
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

We have 3 MINIs/Minis registered for the event so I understand the "want" to park next to each other. However, with so many cars for this show it will be cool to group them. I haven't seen the groupings but I would assume it will go along the lines of Generation.

Either way, I am stoked for the event!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

Laurie wrote: It's not like there will be thousands of cars there and you won't see them. Park your car in your class and sit by your friends.
Exactly.
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Glasspony wrote:i
Hi Wayne! Good question. (For those who missed Wayne's question before he edited it, he asked how parking would take place at the car show. I can insert a screenshot of his question/comment if it would be helpful.)

Cars are being grouped as they are at most car shows. It's so exciting to see this show grow from 9 cars to a show large enough we can do this. We heard your suggestions the last few years and are giving it a go this time!

Row 1 is Cabrios (in order of year), Coupe and Paceman with a notable car tucked in the end spot (a 2002!).

Row 2 is entirely Clubman. (Such great representation from the Clubbies this year!)

Row 3 is 2003-2005 MC and MCS, grouped by year.

Row 4 is 2006-2013 MC and MCS, grouped by year.

Row 5 is 2013-2015 MC and MCS plus all of the Countryman.

Row A is all of the Classics. (Holy wow, folks, where did we get all of these Classics? YAY!)

There are so many multi-MINI/Mini families now. Some are parked together, ALL are parked within a good shout of each other. Since we are all one MiniFamily, I hope this meets everyone's approval.

Wayne, if your question was specific to your family, your gorgeous cabrio is boot-to-boot with a pepper white Clubman you may recognize. That is the way things laid out. Most of us in Multi-MINI/Mini families are not together, but close enough to have one heckuva great time on the 16th.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Dang, you got that figured out nicely. I'm excited to see how it all looks on the day and see the progression of the brand through the years.
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Laurie wrote:Dang, you got that figured out nicely. I'm excited to see how it all looks on the day and see the progression of the brand through the years.
Thank you, however you know it wasn't just me who figured this out. A few of us have been to The Roasterie several times as recently as yesterday afternoon. I'm so grateful for all of the participation and never-ending willingness to help from the club members. You guys are just the greatest! (Insert smoochie emoji here :wink: )
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

can't decide what to bring. May change to the Roadster or maybe even a Clubby
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Glasspony wrote:can't decide what to bring. May change to the Roadster or maybe even a Clubby

Just let us know and we will adjust accordingly. You have a convertible and a clubman registered and as mentioned, they are parked boot-to-boot. Wasn't that your concern initially? I should go back and re-read what you said to be sure...
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

We are changing to a clubman so we have 2 clubmans coming
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Glasspony wrote:We are changing to a clubman so we have 2 clubmans coming
Terrific! Color and year please and you'll be all set.
Glasspony
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Glasspony »

2011 Reef Blue Metalic (Hampton Edition)
gehrigk
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gehrigk »

When will the meet addresses be sent?
Keith
Former - 2018 JCW Thunder Gray, Dinatronics Sport
Current - 2023 M240i xDrive
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

For those asking for parking/meet up locations, you should have an email with that information. If you do not, please let me know. Excited to see all of you on Sunday morning!
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

ragtopday wrote:For those asking for parking/meet up locations, you should have an email with that information. If you do not, please let me know. Excited to see all of you on Sunday morning!
Got it!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW