May 7, 2011, 11 am Eggtc...and Arboretum

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: May 7, 2011, 11 am Eggtc...and Arboretum

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

And show up early because there isn't that many parking spaces. :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
sh944

Post by sh944 »

Since there are going to be so many Mini's at eggtc, would there be any interest in having a "Peoples Choice" car show in the parking lot with a $50 gift certificate as Grand Prize from Banger Industries? Banger offers new oem parts for a wide variety of cars, including Mini's, as well as stuff like oil filters, motor oil and lubricants, etc, so even if you aren't a hard core wrencher, you will hopefully still be able to use it if you win. :)

The *only* caveat is that I might have to attend a funeral service (my aunt lost her battle with cancer at age 81, she was a great lady and will be missed), in which case I will need to find someone to pass off the vote tallying duties and hand out the award and gift certificate.

Any interest?

Regards, ...Scott
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

ahhhh..ummm.. i don't have that kind of authority to add something like that to this event. u need to ask ragtop that is charge of say'n who does what for these meet's. look at the beginning of this listing for her profile. i was already planning on going to ask the company next to the eggtc parking lot and asking them if we can park over there. it's some investment co... prob not even open on sat. , but i will ck tomrw and let everyone know.
sh944

Post by sh944 »

First and foremost, we certainly don't want to mess up any of the arrangement y'all are making or upset the business owners that are allowing us to show up en masse, so if it is an issue, we'll just wait for a better opportunity. Secondly, I wasn't suggetsing a "formal car show", more of an informal thing but I though a $50 door prize might be enough to get some additional interest without detracting from the original event. Lastly, thats why I asked if there was any interest, to get feedback from y'all. I am sorry that I didn't think to pm you as the organizer first.

If you would like to consider adding a Peoples Choice award, pm me and I'll be happy to try and accommodate what you'd like to see for your event.

Regards, ...Scott
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

getsalot wrote: u need to ask ragtop that is charge of say'n who does what for these meet's. look at the beginning of this listing for her profile.
I'm not in charge of anything at any of the club meets, I'm just one of the moderators of the forum. IowaM1N1 is the one to check with about adding events to the Announcements thread, but what you do with an event once you sign up to host it is completely up to you. Well, within reason...keep it safe and legal. :wink:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

ragtop... show's ya what i know...lmao. SCOTT... your idea sound's fine to me for one of the other event's possibly. more than likely, the mini's will be scattered around in the parking lot's for this event. you might think of having your contest at one of the mini meet's at the sonic event's. they will be lined up and all that jazz and easier to see and judge. just a suggestion.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

ragtopday wrote:
getsalot wrote: u need to ask ragtop that is charge of say'n who does what for these meet's. look at the beginning of this listing for her profile.
I'm not in charge of anything at any of the club meets, I'm just one of the moderators of the forum. IowaM1N1 is the one to check with about adding events to the Announcements thread, but what you do with an event once you sign up to host it is completely up to you. Well, within reason...keep it safe and legal. :wink:
I concur -- the scope and activities of the event are up to the coordinator of that event.

For this particular event, I think Kay is right -- the parking arrangements at Eggtc are not conducive to a show. We'll be lucky to have enough parking spaces for everyone.

Scott -- Thanks for the offer, we'll need to come up with the right event. Maybe the car show on June 11?
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Generally, the parking is ok in the parking lot as long as the pizza joint doesn't have a sport's team show up for pizza. I just went over to the building next to the Eggtc building and asked about overflow parking in their lot. The building is on the same side as Eggtc. There is a Gi consultant's office and State Farm insurance office in the next building. DO NOT park in front of the entrance door's parking spaces. I spoke with the peep's in the insurance office. They said we could park in the space's nearest the street side for overflow parking. If everyone get's there close to on time there really shouldn't be any problem with parking. Out at the arboretum, parking is first come first serve. Remember, they are also having their annual plant sale at the arboretum...which is where i'm heading right now....lol. Missed going last night for the fota member's sale due to the rain. Today and tomrw's sale is open to everyone. See everyone tormw.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

AWESOMEEEE day...for a change. Reminder: at the arboretum dog's are only allowed on the black asphalt/dirt path's. all other's viewing path's are concrete. no worries with mud at allllll. See everyone at Eggtc in a few.
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Sorry, change in plans -- sick today. :-(
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

hope u have a open sunny window to sit by while your get'n well
boxer
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by boxer »

Me and my wife won't be able to go this morning. Two open seats available. :ds:
Last edited by boxer on Sun May 08, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2003 Dark Silver Metallic MINI Cooper S.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Thanks to all who showed up for lunch and wandered the arboretum. All went pretty well this time..parking aside...lol. whutttda du...lol most importantly, no rainnnn...yaaa!
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Albiker wrote:Count me in! Sounds like good fun.
your mini is awesome. luv the paint combo. of course, he was alll that about your engine upgrade's too...lol. nice meeting u.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Thanks Kay, for organizing this event. Lunch was good,and we had a great time at the Arboretum. We did not leave until after 4:00 pm. We were able to identify a few 'unknowns' in our yard and found a few ideas that I can add to the list that will work great in the shade. Just a Passenger was quite happy that I did not fill the boot of the MINI with plants from the sale...AH,maybe next time :wink:. Thanks again!