All-MINI/Mini Car Show at Crittenton, Saturday June 11

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: All-MINI/Mini Car Show at Crittenton, Saturday June 11

Post by minicoopers43 »

I had a great time at the show and I know the kids did as well.
My wife may have been the one that started the kids getting in the cars. She asked the kids if they wanted to sit in our car and it seems they ran with it. I didn't mind as long as I was close by and they weren't doing anything stupid. If I had a newer MINI though I would have been a little more worried about having them get in it. I do agree with IowaM1N1 though, It would be much easier if there were a few from Baron they could get in.

I also wanted to mention to anyone that took pictures, I don't recall this being announced but one of their supervisors was very demanding that the kids not be in any pictures due to a privacy agreement of some sort. If you do have any pictures with the kids you may want to keep them under wraps or better yet delete them just to be safe.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!
Amypen

Post by Amypen »

I had asked for some help with the cars from Baron, put I didn't get a taker until Friday and it was too late for me to contact them for the cars. We will put this on the list for next year.

As to the privacy, that was my mistake, I should have told you about taking pictures of the kids. It's for their safety. Many times they are placed at Crittenton to protect them from family members.

It still was a great time and we have items to work on for next year! Thanks for everyone's help.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I appreciate what Greg said. I'm not comfortable with folks sitting in my car at a show. It makes me a bit uncomfortable when folks touch my car at a show (I just cringe, I've seen car owners nearly take fingers off), but a little information ahead of time would help the kids know what to expect. I think it would be great if a bit of MINI/Mini history could be shared with the kids by someone in the club as a way of welcoming them to the show. That might also be a good time to let them know that the cars are for show (not to touch or sit in) and that the dealer has graciously sent brand new cars for them to check out.

While I know the kids really enjoyed seeing the cars, I think a small educational element added to it that would bring even more to the experience.

Thank you again, AmyPen, for putting this together. :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Amypen

Post by Amypen »

I will use these comments for next year. Longview backed out at the last minute and we lost the educational aspect of the program. Bei g the first event I didn't know what to expect. We have learned from this event and we can move on with good ideas.
Albiker

Post by Albiker »

I plan on coming. See you all soon!

Al
minicoopers43
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by minicoopers43 »

Albiker wrote:I plan on coming. See you all soon!

Al
Sorry to burst your bubble friend, but this event has come and gone. It was JUNE 11 not July 11.
LaDonna was a 2003 MCS EB. Sold with over 223k miles!!! Best car I ever had!!!