All-MINI/Mini Car Show at Crittenton, Saturday June 11

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
Lil Blue

Re: All-MINI/Mini Car Show at Crittenton, Saturday June 11

Post by Lil Blue »

I'm a newby here...what would this show entail? This would be my first Mini gathering!! Have had the Mini for a little over a month.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

who will be communicating if we are needed as a driver?

Connie and I are interested in the lake drive as well.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
GrayGuy
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by GrayGuy »

Are drop-in's welcome? Depending on how the morning goes I might be able to be there a little before 1 PM.
2005 S, Black on Dark Silver, Hood stripes, Rubber floor mats/winter package, CAI, 19% Pulley
adams1517

Post by adams1517 »

GrayGuy wrote:Are drop-in's welcome? Depending on how the morning goes I might be able to be there a little before 1 PM.
?????????????? ^ i have the same question
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Anyone that wants to drive on down to the" Show" from up north give us a jingle.Davester and I (Goose) will probably be leaving at about noon.See you there. :) :)
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

BLUGOOSE wrote:Anyone that wants to drive on down to the" Show" from up north give us a jingle.Davester and I (Goose) will probably be leaving at about noon.See you there. :) :)
I don't know any good jingles... but I will join you from the Northland. Just let me know when and where we want to meet up.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Amypen wrote:Come one, Come all - I have Culver's custard orders and the badges should be done this week. Baron is throwing in some merchandise for a raffle for the kids. Longview Community College can't make it, but we can still have a good time as we hopefully start this annual outing. Anyone up for a ride around the Longview Lake afterwords?
tilly is still in recovery for an unexpected heart procedure and we will have our gbaby with us. ??? will there be shade and/or an a/c area that hubby and the gbaby can hang out in during the two hour's???
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

cdecker78 wrote:
BLUGOOSE wrote:Anyone that wants to drive on down to the" Show" from up north give us a jingle.Davester and I (Goose) will probably be leaving at about noon.See you there. :) :)
I don't know any good jingles... but I will join you from the Northland. Just let me know when and where we want to meet up.
I'd also like to join the Northland caravan.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

Too bad t can't have culver's but gbaby n I sure can....lol
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Those going from up north will meet at Burger King parking lot at the intersection of I-29 an 210 Hgwy in NKC.(Just east of I-29 on 210 Hgwy) If you wish to eat be there by 11:30,if not we depart the parking lot at noon.See you all there.-Frank :thumbsup: :thumbsup2:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I'm bailing on the Northland caravan, gonna take the 291/470 route. See y'all there!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

I'm still in. Got the car all cleaned up and ready to go. Should be a great day. See you all there :D
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
cdecker78

Post by cdecker78 »

I have to cancel. Sorry.
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

does anyone know what time we need to b there to line up and where to line up?
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

getsalot wrote:does anyone know what time we need to b there to line up and where to line up?
Judy and I just plan on showing up a little before 1pm and hoping that it will be obvious where to go and park. Yes, we will have BOTH our MINIs!

I will also have the club stickers with me for sale - $5 each. Proceeds go to the club treasury.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
getsalot

Post by getsalot »

okey doaky. figured we'd need cash for culver's too
Amypen

Post by Amypen »

Too late for me to get a car.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Mattie's washed waxed vacuumed and a quick detail inside. Now to get food, cleaned up and we're on our way.
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
Amypen

Post by Amypen »

Thanks to everyone who came out. It was a great time!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Thanks, Amypen, for organizing a fun event and ordering up perfect weather! It was great seeing everyone--including Ray who drove 3 hours for the show. I really enjoyed seeing the Ice Blue MINI and everyone's cars in fine, sparkling form. Also got a twisty treat driving home following matti_the_mini, who seems to know the best backroads in the area. What a great afternoon!
S-car-go
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by S-car-go »

Kudos to Amypen for putting this together. The kids really seemed to enjoy it and it was fun for us as well. I support making this an annual event. It was great seeing everyone.
2012 Reef Blue Clubman "S" Hampton, auto, cold weather, driving lights.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Marlow Main »

Thanks Amy for putting this together. It was nice to get out and hang out with other MINIs, since it has been a while for me. The kids were really nice and I think they had a good time, even though the boys won all the prizes in the raffle. I like the idea for this being an annual event.

Thanks again
Lil Blue

Post by Lil Blue »

We loved our first Mini Rally! Look forward to more Mini Fun!! Loved seeing all the MINIs and getting ideas for our first modification. Thanks!
Amypen

Post by Amypen »

Thank you all for making this event great! Lots of good ideas for next year!
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Crittenton comments

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I need to give some huge KUDOS to my friend Bob who was there with his wife's brand new 2011 Pepper White S (car was between my Chili Red S and my wife Judy's BRG R50). His wife, Lisa (luvs2spin), was out of town, so Bob joined us for the show.

For whatever reason, the girls were in love with his car (well, Lisa's car) and there must have been 10 different kids who sat in his car. A couple even crawled into the back seat! Bob was very patient and the consummate gentleman.

I only had 2 girls who were in love with my car and asked to sit in it. They were very polite and very well behaved.

Which leads to a comment...

Some feedback for Amy for future shows...

This aspect of the event was a little unexpected by me and I suspect a few others. Most car shows are 'hands off', just admire and enjoy. When the girls started asking if they could sit in a car, it was an awkward situation. I would imagine they are familiar with the Auto Shows where you can jump in most any car you want (since they are all manufacturer or dealer cars) and maybe aren't familiar with a car show of privately owned cars.

If Baron had a couple cars there, that could have alleviated the awkwardness issue -- we could have pointed them to the Baron cars. These here are the pretty ones to look at. Those over there are the new ones you can sit in.

If we want to grow the show in the future, I suspect this issue will need to be resolved. I would suspect that some people would be very uncomfortable with the awkwardness of saying 'no' to someone asking to sit in their car.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever