MINIs in the Market, Sunday October 20th--Registration OPEN!

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MINIs in the Market, Sunday October 20th--Registration OPEN!

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Join us at the City Market for our annual MINIs in the Market show, part of the City Market's Art of the Machine series.

We will meet between 9 and 9:30 at Berkley Riverfront Park to check in. We will plan to meet in the parking area that is on the West side of the park. There is a bus stop-type shelter for a point of reference. http://www.mapquest.com/places/richard- ... -265755117

For those not familiar with Berkley Riverfront Park, it is accessible from I-35. You will take the Front St/Grand exit and go West from the interstate. The park is flat so you should have no problem spotting the gathering point. If you do, call Johnna at 913.486.0950.

At 9:45, we will depart for a group drive into the City Market.

The show is from 10 a.m. to 2 P.M. and is open to the public.

Baron MINI is sponsoring lunch, catered by Little Freshie. There are lots of terrific sandwich options! If you'd prefer, you are welcome to grab lunch at any of the City Market area eateries.

Registration is $10 per car, with the registration fee being fully donated to charity. This year's charities are Harvesters and KC Pet Project.

The registration link is included below. If you submit by mail, please make your check payable to your selected charity. If you prefer to fill the form out and email it to me, that information is included on the form, along with how to pay online via PayPal. If you don't mind paying a $1.34 service, you can register online here: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/475976

Registration form:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9P2ioM ... sp=sharing

PLEASE NOTE: Registrations must be received by October 13th to guarantee lunch. Registrations received after the 13th may not include lunch, but you are absolutely welcome to join the show!

See y'all there!

REGISTRATIONS RECEIVED (updated 10/14/13)
Laurie Sorenson x2
John Perry x1
Robert Hannigan x2
Johnna Perry x1
Greg Beachy x2
Seth Weaver x2
Patricia Weaver x2
Victoria Waldroup x1
David & Charlotte Gray x2
Deb Sull
Duane & Pam Deines x2
Scott & Susan Wilhelm x2
Janine Stalder
Chris & Tammy Shull x2
Zachary Ingalls x2
Eileen Dugan
Richard Auch
Annelise Nguyen
Michael Tran
Brian Coleman
Marc Mingeldorff
Michael & Carol Blankowski x2
Frank Ruege
Bob Harsh
Haley Morrissey
Hilary Morrissey x3
Pat Porzelt x2
Mark Aaron
Rebecca Sprang

(If there's a x2 or x3 behind your name, that indicates multiple lunches. Otherwise, there's one lunch.)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs in the Market, Sunday October 20th--Registration O

Post by MiniManiac »

You that we will be there!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

Be there or be square!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I updated the first post with registrations received. I'll keep that post updated as registrations roll in... :)
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll start taking orders for tshirts for this year's show. Shirts will be $20 and all proceeds beyond the costs will be split between the two charities the show supports, Harvesters and KC Pet Project.

I'm putting this teaser here so you can be thinking about ordering. Orders have to be paid by Saturday, October 5th in order to get shirts in time for the show. Cutting it close but we can make this happen...
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

Registration form for two and an order for one 2XL shirt in todays mail.
Thanks Johnna, David
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Shirts are now available to order! I started a separate thread over in the MINI Market since I'm sorta selling something...
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3120
Attachments
minis at the market 2013 small (500x463).jpg
minis at the market 2013 small (500x463).jpg (132.47 KiB) Viewed 23569 times
Mocha Venti

Post by Mocha Venti »

I am signed up!

Johnna, I sent $30 via paypal for entry donation and tshirt. [I did not mark as a gift, so I will have to hit with the extra when I see you].
I will send in the registraion form later today!

--Mocha Venti - deb
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I just registered online but wasn't able to include a guest. One of my friends may be coming with me.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

Nice shirt design!

Money sent via Paypal.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Zackattack28 wrote:I just registered online but wasn't able to include a guest. One of my friends may be coming with me.
To include a guest, you just needed to indicate a lunch option for them. Please send that to me in an email, perry.johnna(at)gmail.com. Thanks!
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

"Goose" is goin,check is in the mail
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Tshirt orders close tonight at midnight. If you've ordered a shirt, please check here to make sure your name is on the list.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3120&p=28684#p28684

If you haven't ordered a shirt, please go here for details:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3120&p=28684#p28684
WildThang

Post by WildThang »

Did you get our registration stuff...tshirt order too?

Was emailed last week...

Just checkin
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

WildThang wrote:Did you get our registration stuff...tshirt order too?

Was emailed last week...

Just checkin
Yep, your name is on the t-shirt list over in the marketplace. I haven't update the car list here yet. The tshirt order had a closer deadline. :)
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Just a reminder to submit your registration for M@TM very soon if you'd like to enjoy the lunch Baron MINI is sponsoring. Only registrations forms received before the 13th include lunch.

You are welcome to register after the 13th or the morning of the show but your registration will not include lunch. Totals have to be submitted to the caterer in advance. Thanks for understanding...and for registering early!
imabyter
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by imabyter »

Check (and registration) is in the mail!

This is a fun event!
Michael B (although the MINI is Carole's toy I still get to fix and maintain it)
Luna is an '06 Cooper S Space Blue with Silver top. Sport Package, Premium Package, Euro Leather Package. Now with Way Motors 15% pulley kit!
BlueBerry03MC
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BlueBerry03MC »

Registration forms and checks sent today! I can't wait for this event!
Convinced my sister to come with us in her MINI as well! :D :elec:
My name is Hilary
MINI Coopers in the family
BlueBerry 2003 Indi Blue MC, Black mirror caps & stripes, CVT.
Aussie 2013 Pepper White MCS, black top/mirror caps, chrome hood scoop & interior trim, leather seats, Automatic.
mtrandpm

Post by mtrandpm »

Before I register, is it required to display our car or can we just participate only? I plan to drive my classic mini, but it's not show quality. My wife may drive her BMW Mini convertible. Thanks!
Attachments
IMAG1557_cropS1.jpg
IMAG1557_cropS1.jpg (199.03 KiB) Viewed 23351 times
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

mtrandpm wrote:Before I register, is it required to display our car or can we just participate only? I plan to drive my classic mini, but it's not show quality. My wife may drive her BMW Mini convertible. Thanks!
This "show" is just for fun. Sure, people will be stopping by and checking out the cars but I wouldn't worry about it being "show quality". There is no judging or prizes. People always love to see the classics no matter what they look like. I'm bringing my daily driver and besides getting a wash and a vaccum/dusting I won't be doing too much more work to it. This show is mainly a fun event and get together of like minded people. Those people are MINI/Mini enthusiasts! 8) :D I hope you decide to bring the classic!
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
MINI Mouse
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MINI Mouse »

Is the meeting spot in the Park going to be obvious? Never been down there before.
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

MINI Mouse wrote:Is the meeting spot in the Park going to be obvious? Never been down there before.
JuSt look for the other mini coopers
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
mtrandpm

Post by mtrandpm »

Laurie wrote:This "show" is just for fun. Sure, people will be stopping by and checking out the cars but I wouldn't worry about it being "show quality". There is no judging or prizes. People always love to see the classics no matter what they look like. I'm bringing my daily driver and besides getting a wash and a vaccum/dusting I won't be doing too much more work to it. This show is mainly a fun event and get together of like minded people. Those people are MINI/Mini enthusiasts! 8) :D I hope you decide to bring the classic!
Thanks for the reply. I registered online for 2 people and 2 minis.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

mtrandpm wrote:Before I register, is it required to display our car or can we just participate only? I plan to drive my classic mini, but it's not show quality. My wife may drive her BMW Mini convertible. Thanks!
I promise no one will inspect your paint with a jeweler's monocle or comment on less than perfect interior/exterior/wheels. I guarantee there will be excitement to see your car and THAT makes it show quality. :D
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

MINI Mouse wrote:Is the meeting spot in the Park going to be obvious? Never been down there before.
I am driving down today to get an exact location to share with you. I want to give you at least a landmark to go by. If all else fails, look for 25 MINIs and a handful of Minis, but I'm going to try to do better so everyone has a better idea where to meet. :)