MINIs in the Market, Sunday October 20th--Registration OPEN!

KC MINI Club Announcements & Welcome Info
Forum rules
In consideration of participating on this forum and events listed, you release, waive and discharge organizers of events of all liability, injury, loss or damage.
MINI Mouse
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: MINIs in the Market, Sunday October 20th--Registration O

Post by MINI Mouse »

[quote="Zackattack28] JuSt look for the other mini coopers[/quote]

Hmmm, why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I considered that a) I might be the first one and/or b) nobody else knows where to go either
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

The first post in this thread has been updated with the names of everyone's registrations that I've received. Twenty-three cars so far!!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
mtrandpm

Post by mtrandpm »

ragtopday wrote:I promise no one will inspect your paint with a jeweler's monocle or comment on less than perfect interior/exterior/wheels. I guarantee there will be excitement to see your car and THAT makes it show quality. :D
Thank goodness. hehe... :roll:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Registration list updated again in the first post.... 27 cars, 41 Miniacs. :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Meet up at Berkley Riverfront Park info:
We will plan to meet in the parking area that is on the West side of the park. There is a bus stop-type shelter for a point of reference. http://www.mapquest.com/places/richard- ... -265755117

For those not familiar with Berkley Riverfront Park, it is accessible from I-35. You will take the Front St/Grand exit and go West from the interstate. The park is flat so you should have no problem spotting the gathering point. If you do, call Johnna at 913.486.0950.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The registration list has been updated again. It looks like we'll have a terrific turn out this year!

If you haven't registered yet, today is the cut off for registrations to include lunch. Hurry, zap it over either via PayPal or Brown Paper Tickets (both links in the first message of this thread). It would be great to have you there!
SWT CHI

Post by SWT CHI »

MINI Mouse wrote:[quote="Zackattack28] JuSt look for the other mini coopers
Hmmm, why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I considered that a) I might be the first one and/or b) nobody else knows where to go either[/quote][/quote]

I can think of at least three other answers... :chugchug:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The lunch order has been submitted!

If you haven't registered, you still can. Pack a picnic or grab lunch at any of the spots around the City Market. It would be fun to have more MINIs and Minis join us on Sunday!
CowboyCoop
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by CowboyCoop »

I know that the River Market is no longer Dog friendly, but that seems to be on Saturdays, during Farmers Market season, so my questions is anyone bringing there Mini Poopers? We are thinking about bringing ours. Any comments? suggestions? or would they even be welcomed there? 2 Small Westie poops.
2017 Island Blue Mini Countryman All 4 S "Parker Blu
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

CowboyCoop wrote:I know that the River Market is no longer Dog friendly, but that seems to be on Saturdays, during Farmers Market season, so my questions is anyone bringing there Mini Poopers? We are thinking about bringing ours. Any comments? suggestions? or would they even be welcomed there? 2 Small Westie poops.
Good question. We may just have to bring the mini Aussie :)
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The City Market isn't dog friendly on Sunday either. :(

From their site:
"City Market Dog Policy

According to a city ordinance published in the Kansas City Missouri Food Code Booklet and provided by the Kansas City Missouri Health Department, Food Protection Program, the City Market has rules (Section 6-501.115 Prohibiting Animals) concerning dogs on the property.

The rules are as follows: Within the City Market Square, pavilions, tenant walkways, stores and offices, dogs are NOT allowed. This is to maintain the health and safety of food products and for Market patrons. Dogs serving in official ADA capacity are exempt from this policy."
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Can I bring a check for Animal Haven with me on Sunday?
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

SWT CHI wrote:
MINI Mouse wrote:[quote="Zackattack28] JuSt look for the other mini coopers
Hmmm, why didn't I think of that? Maybe because I considered that a) I might be the first one and/or b) nobody else knows where to go either
[/quote]

I can think of at least three other answers... :chugchug:[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Haha
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Counterfit_Mini wrote:Can I bring a check for Animal Haven with me on Sunday?
You are welcome to register on-site on Sunday morning at Berkley Park. The two charities this year are Harvesters and KC Pet Project. A check for either is appreciated!

On-site registrations won't receive the goodie bag or lunch sponsored by Baron, as we have no way of knowing how many will register that day. You will still have the option to enter the prize drawing! :)
DSKSMini

Post by DSKSMini »

I plan on coming, will have to register at the park. See you there.

Daryl
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Our vendors have been EXTREMELY generous this year.

We have received over $1,400 in prizes from our vendors! Actually the total is over $2,000 when you include the lunch from Baron.

Conversely, we have only charged $10 per car to enter. That means we have only raised $300 for our charities.

Each pre-registered car that signed up for a lunch is already going to receive a $15 MINI mug, plus lunch for at least $10, plus a few other items that will be close to $35 in total value. For only $10.

We think that this is an opportunity for our club members to demonstrate their generosity -- and their appreciation to our vendors for their incredible support of our club.

In addition to a raffle ticket for each car, we plan to offer additional raffle tickets in exchange for additional donation to the charities. So be sure to bring your checkbook or cash on Sunday.

More details coming soon as we figure out the details...
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
MiniManiac
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by MiniManiac »

AWESOME!
Seth
08 MCS - JCW
1974/1993 Classic Mini - 70 WHP!
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

IowaM1N1 wrote:Our vendors have been EXTREMELY generous this year.

We have received over $1,400 in prizes from our vendors! Actually the total is over $2,000 when you include the lunch from Baron.

Conversely, we have only charged $10 per car to enter. That means we have only raised $300 for our charities.

Each pre-registered car that signed up for a lunch is already going to receive a $15 MINI mug, plus lunch for at least $10, plus a few other items that will be close to $35 in total value. For only $10.

We think that this is an opportunity for our club members to demonstrate their generosity -- and their appreciation to our vendors for their incredible support of our club.

In addition to a raffle ticket for each car, we plan to offer additional raffle tickets in exchange for additional donation to the charities. So be sure to bring your checkbook or cash on Sunday.

More details coming soon as we figure out the details...

Here is the current plan for the raffle.

Each registered car will get 2 tickets automatically for the raffle.

Additional raffle tickets will be available for $5 each, or 5 tickets for $20. A check to your preferred charity would be ideal (Harvesters or KC Pet Project), or cash works, too.

We will hold the raffle after lunch. All the prizes available will be on display for everyone to view before the raffle so you can figure out which prizes you will want if/when your number is drawn.

First ticket drawn gets first choice of one prize. 2nd ticket drawn then gets their choice of one of the remaining items, etc. Will draw until everything is gone, or until we have a group consensus to end the drawing.

We have 40-some odd individual prizes, so we will be working hard to make the drawing move quickly. You will want to be swift in your choice when your number is drawn, because we are going to call the next number quickly after we call yours.

We are open to suggestions for improving this plan. We will finalize the terms of the drawing immediately before pulling the first ticket.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

I have posted some photos of the prizes over on the Facebook page.
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
Laurie
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Laurie »

What a wonderful event! The weather was perfect and the turnout of the MINI/Minis, 33 or 34 I think, was awesome! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Thanks so much to Johnna and Greg for stepping in and pulling of a great event. From my vantage point it all went off without a hitch! :thumbsup:
~Laurie~

2022 Midnight Black Metalic MINI Cooper SE “Electric Boogie”
2005 Chili Red MCS "Kevin"

2016 Blazing Red Metallic 4 door MCS
RIP 2013 Blazing Red Metallic Justa Countryman

First MINI 2005 Black Eye Purple MCS
Zack
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Zack »

I second that. My first Minis in the Market. I had an awesome time. Great job.
Bruno - 2022 JCW
Former MINI's
2006 R53 Mini Cooper S
2011 R55 Mini Cooper Clubman
2013 R56 Mini Cooper S JCW
2008 R56 MINI Cooper S JCW
2014 R55 MINI JCW Clubman
2017 F56 MINI Cooper S JCW
SilverStreak

Post by SilverStreak »

We agree as well. We had a really good time. Thank you Johnna and Greg for your efforts.
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by DA MINI »

Great day, great event. Many thanks to Johnna, Greg and their minions for everything.
Mr. F56
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Our final totals raised at the MINIs at the Market show for charity...

KC Pet Project = $470, Harvesters = $215, for a grand total of $685.

Thank you to everyone for your generosity!
Greg
Des Moines/KC/whatever
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Here's a shout-out to Johnna,John,and Greg for all that they did in making this years MITM the best yet!!! THANK YOU
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s