Eureka Springs Ark.

Post your favorite places to motor. Routes with lots of hills and turns are welcome.
sweetlou
MINIAC
MINIAC

Eureka Springs Ark.

Post by sweetlou »

We just took a quick ride down to Eureka Springs Ark. Left Saturday back Sunday. Talk about some serious hills and curves they are everwhere there. We did almost a full tank of gas going down there having to much fun. The fall when the leaves start turning would be a great time to go down there. I highly suggest it.

Turn your navigational system to like 1/4 mile or less and the screen looks like a plate of spaghetti with all the curvy roads.

Alicia & Mark
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Beaver Lake is one of my favorites, the water is so clear and clean, and it's never busy. We went there last year for my birthday, we even found a nice little motel (The Roadrunner Inn) that accepts dogs (the owner usually has five of his own wandering around the property) and the drive to Eureka springs from there is so much fun. Great area, I highly recommend it, but I'd suggest going for more than the weekend if you can, and watch out for the motorcycles, they find it the best area to ride as well.
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
dimini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by dimini »

We should consider Eureka Springs as a possible overnight MINI gathering/run. I just talked to the owner of The Roadrunner Inn, and he would love to host us! Think about it, a laid-back old style road inn with a great restaurant 3 miles up the road (Horizon Restaurant) on the way to charming old Eureka Springs... and lets not forget the curvy, rollercoaster roads in that area.
'06 MCS JCW daily driver & classic mini pick-up
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

dimini wrote:We should consider Eureka Springs as a possible overnight MINI gathering/run. I just talked to the owner of The Roadrunner Inn, and he would love to host us! Think about it, a laid-back old style road inn with a great restaurant 3 miles up the road (Horizon Restaurant) on the way to charming old Eureka Springs... and lets not forget the curvy, rollercoaster roads in that area.
It would be fun to do this in the Fall and get together with AMOK and NWA (AR MINI clubs) for lots of motoring goodness!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
matti the mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by matti the mini »

Was down there this weekend - work related - but took Matti - Was on Hwy 62 for a little - fun - but too many slow mini vans in front of me :(

Very nice - not quite as fun as the Dragon, but 7 hours closer!!!

I'd be interested in a MINI weekend down there as well - as long as I'm around for it ;)

Bentley
Bentley

Gertti - MCS '13 - BRG2, JCW Tuner Package, and more!

formerly:
Matti - MCS '004- BRG, premium, sport, cold, bonnet stripes, boot stripes, rally lights, window tint, nav - british voice mod, Helix CAI and 15% reduction pully, euro parcel shelf
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Eureka Springs Ark.

Post by IowaM1N1 »

Digging up an old post...but can't help myself.

Judy and I passed thru Eureka Springs traveling between Fayetteville AR and Big Cedar Lodge south of Branson this past Sundya.

We were amazed, stunned, and shocked (yes, all 3!) at this town! What a great little find!

I've heard people talk about the geography of the area, but it never really sunk in. This place is amazing.

We do need to make a MINI club run there some weekend, and we definitely have MITO on our radar for this fall.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

There is a Minis in The Ozarks function the weekend of Oct25-28 in Eureka Spgs Ark.Registration is open after April 2.Went last year and had a great time. You can register at Ozarkmini.com. :cheers:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

There's also a May gathering in Branson organized by HPMS, wondering if it will include drives on some of those fun roads! I believe the host hotel is Chateau on the Lake? Anyone heard anything from Jonathan or anyone else on the details? Seems like it's coming up quick!

We had a great time a couple of years ago on the trip through that area, great motoring and mountain biking made for lots of fun.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
davester
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by davester »

This is the last posting I received from the MOB. We went to South Dakota with them a couple of years ago and had a great time-- well organized. Charlotte and I are going to Branson with them in May.

http://hpmotoring.wordpress.com/2012-trip/
2015 F56 S hatchback-Electric Blue/Black, Cold Weather Package,Premium Package, Sport Package and a lot of other crap. "BRUISER"

They call me David
Former MINI's
2004 R53 "Stubby"
2012 R58 Coupe "Deuce"
IowaM1N1
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by IowaM1N1 »

davester wrote:This is the last posting I received from the MOB. We went to South Dakota with them a couple of years ago and had a great time-- well organized. Charlotte and I are going to Branson with them in May.

http://hpmotoring.wordpress.com/2012-trip/
I haven't figured out the secret to the HPMS info. Everywhere I go requires a password, and I don't have a password.
Greg
'19 Emerald Grey/Chili Red JCW (F56) <---- Greg's car
'08 Dark Silver/Black Cooper S convertible JCW (R52) <---- Greg's other car
'02 BRG/White Cooper (R50) Iowa plate: M1N1 <-----Judy's car
Des Moines/KC/whatever
gasmini03
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by gasmini03 »

Anybody from KC area going to Minis In The Ozarks this year? I hear that the leader for the Elk drive is one crazy driver. :)
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

I know that Davester and I (Blugoose) are going to Minis in the Ozarks on Oct 25-28.Leaving Thursday morning.I went last year and it was a great time.
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
mcconned
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by mcconned »

I don't know what free time you will have but if you have a chance, shoot over to Bentonville and tour the Crystal Bridges Art Museum. Although the art is phemonenal, it is worth the trip just to see the building itself.
Dan McConnell
SCCA-Sports Car Club of America.