Mission Road south of 159th

Post your favorite places to motor. Routes with lots of hills and turns are welcome.
hctiev

Mission Road south of 159th

Post by hctiev »

This is a rather fun, short little run with nice turns and an easy flow. It's good between about 161st and 195th - no need to speed, just enjoy!
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

all about the twisty bit of mission road!
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

My in-laws live basically at 183rd and Mission. Makes for a nice drive when I have to go out there. :)
Walnuts

Re: Mission Road south of 159th

Post by Walnuts »

Still waiting to take the S down there might have to do it after work.
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Walnuts wrote:Still waiting to take the S down there might have to do it after work.
Holy thread necromancy! :P

Anyway, be careful as that is a common bike route and has quite a few blind corners.
Ryan
'12 MB/MB MCSa
ksminiman
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by ksminiman »

very much the safest at night. Most people will be lit and are able to be seen around the blind curves leaving only animals left to worry about. Not to mention there are much fewer people out the later you go out. I know that stretch of road like the paint on the MINI. Every crack and repair and uneven surface... I could give you approximate speeds but we will leave that topic for private conversation. The tight chicane can be taken flat out at 35mph with a good driver and a little left foot braking ;)
Hi. My name is Tommy.
06 MCS named Yoshi, BRG/BRG, Panther black leather, LSD, Navigation, Cold Weather, Premium, Sport, and Convenience Packages. ALTA 15% V2, M7 STDs, 16" Rota RBs.
sh944

Post by sh944 »

Be careful of deer and other animals, as well. My parents also live out on 183rd and Mission, and its a fun road between 159th and 183rd (it straightens out after that), but there are plenty of hazards and not much visibility due to foilage and the twists and turns. I enjoy a spirited run as much (or more!) than most folks, but thats a place for moderation and discretion.

By the way, has anyone else been having fun with all the traffic circles that are popping up in JOCO lately? :)
GrayGuy
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by GrayGuy »

hctiev wrote:This is a rather fun, short little run with nice turns and an easy flow. It's good between about 161st and 195th - no need to speed, just enjoy!
x2 A peaceful little path indeed.
2005 S, Black on Dark Silver, Hood stripes, Rubber floor mats/winter package, CAI, 19% Pulley
LMH

Post by LMH »

sh944 wrote:By the way, has anyone else been having fun with all the traffic circles that are popping up in JOCO lately? :)
I know I do not like them - but maybe I need a Mini to truly enjoy them instead of my jeep lol