Bike Routes

Post your favorite places to motor. Routes with lots of hills and turns are welcome.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Bike Routes

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

Anyone have any good bike routes in KC? David and I are wanting to start biking again.. Thanks! :)
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: Bike Routes

Post by Minidave »

I like riding the Mill Creek trails, they go for miles and miles, and a lot of it is nicely shaded with tall trees.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Hagar46 »

Great bike trails (bicycles only), both on and off asphalt at Smithville Lake.
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili:
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

Are you looking for road, off-road, MTB? Wanna play in traffic or in dirt? Got skinny tires or fat ones? There are several avid cyclists on the forum so details about the type of cycling you wish to do might be helpful.
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Well I'm just getting into it so preferably a paved trail...
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

If you want paved, I second Hagar46's recommendation in the Northland. Smithville has miles of paved trails with a pretty view. I also ride the county highways around there, but it's not for those with any level of sanity. I get buzzed by traffic frequently. :roll:

There is also a short paved bike loop at Macken Park in NKC. Would that be relatively close for you? You might also visit www.mapmyride.com to see if anyone has shared a bike-friendly route in your neighborhood!
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

ragtopday wrote:If you want paved, I second Hagar46's recommendation in the Northland. Smithville has miles of paved trails with a pretty view. I also ride the county highways around there, but it's not for those with any level of sanity. I get buzzed by traffic frequently. :roll:

There is also a short paved bike loop at Macken Park in NKC. Would that be relatively close for you? You might also visit http://www.mapmyride.com to see if anyone has shared a bike-friendly route in your neighborhood!
Maken Park is 10 minutes from me. :) David's parents live right near there too. I've walked the trail a few times just didn't realize you can also ride your bike on it..
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Counterfit_Mini wrote: Macken Park is 10 minutes from me. :) David's parents live right near there too. I've walked the trail a few times just didn't realize you can also ride your bike on it..
It's a separate bike trail, across the street to the south of the walk/run trail. I rarely see anyone using it.