new users having issues trying to setup access

Tips for using forums. Got a question on how to use the forum? Post it here.
Marlow Main
MINIAC
MINIAC

new users having issues trying to setup access

Post by Marlow Main »

Rich,

I met a couple at the Sonic meet that have been trying unsuccessfully to register as new users and are getting kicked out. Would you please contact them and see if you can help them get them set up? I will PM their information to you.

Thanks!!!
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

I was able to setup an account for them with the information you provided me, but when I emailed them the email bounced.

Do you have any idea what they mean by "kicked out" ?
KangaMINI
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

One of them (forget username/name) has an account that works. However everytime she tried to actually do anything she gets an "invalid session" error.

I instructed her to manually log out (its set to auto-login for her) and trash her cookies/cache and see what happens when she comes back in.

The other says after entering all his info for registration he gets kicked back to the index (or how I understood it) and it never creates the account. We verified that he is using IE7 and not some crazy old browser and also suggested dumping cache and trying again.
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

That's weird! The software for this board hasn't had any modifications to it for I dunno how long. Good advise on dumping the cache/clearing the auto-login. If all else fails, try to see if they can download FireFox 3 or Safari for Windows.
KangaMINI
kenshin138
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by kenshin138 »

Yea...speaking of that.

phpbb3 ?.....someday? Maybe?

:P
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

Last time I mentioned an upgrade to phpBB3 there was grumblings from the masses about not fixing something if it isn't broken, so I never said anything about it :)
KangaMINI