Spammers!

Tips for using forums. Got a question on how to use the forum? Post it here.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Spammers!

Post by Minidave »

Don't cha hate 'em?

Seems we have a new one in our midst, Mr. opqr265.....
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
cdecker78

Re: Spammers!

Post by cdecker78 »

The only good spam comes in a can.
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by ragtopday Johnna »

I deleted the account. Thanks for the posts, PMs and voicemails folks. I'm on it! :D
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

All right! Johhna zapped him!

I've seen this guy on some other forums I frequent, same name, same list of products. It's interesting that he took the time and effort to register and post like this. Wonder if that actually works to get him some bidness?
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Minidave wrote:All right! Johhna zapped him!

I've seen this guy on some other forums I frequent, same name, same list of products. It's interesting that he took the time and effort to register and post like this. Wonder if that actually works to get him some bidness?
He has already tried to re-register today. :roll:
Johnna--BMPR CR '05 Chili Red JustaCVT, JCW Sound Kit #D344, JCW BBK, aFe cai, M7 Under Strut System, strut tower plates, Sparkly wheel arches, a little chrome. Garage-sharing w/ '12 Goodwood MCS #372, '06 MCS "Jack" and MiniX4's classic, Moxie.
hebbylang577

Post by hebbylang577 »

They want to make it possible to return the Necromancer in a future expansion, so the Witch Doctor is using plagues instead of the kind the real dark magic kinda spells.
By the way plagues and stuff fits the Voodoo concept alot more than curses... Although I guess they could have a skill where you hurt enemies by using a voodoo doll or something..
BLUGOOSE
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by BLUGOOSE »

Whad he say???????? :saywhat:
2005 MCS Hyper Blue, auto, chrono, cold, H/K, roof, Milltek Sport, DDMWorks CAI, M7 Strut Plate,"Todd Graphics",R-90s
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Minidave »

Yeaaaahhhhhhh.......I'm not sure either, but he may have been responding to Johhna zapping the spammer......... :?:

Heckuva 1st post tho...... :)
Hi! My name's Dave!

89 Mini "Racing Green"
Counterfit_Mini
MINIAC
MINIAC

Post by Counterfit_Mini »

ROFL. The spammer spammed the spammer thread. That's a lot of spam...
Hi my name's Stephanie...
Max- 2024 Mini Cooper S All4 Clubman
Past Mini's:
2009 MCS
1977 Leyland Mini 1000
ragtopday Johnna
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

I've been zapping spammers left and right lately, but when someone reports a post, I don't get the notifications so I can only delete them when I notice them. I guess the notifications must go to Rich.

This is the first weird response I've gotten from spammer-zapping. Should I proceed with caution? He did mention something about Voodoo... :lol:
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

HI Everyone-

I have adjusted the CAPTCHA settings to use the reCAPTCHA service from google. Hopefully that will affect the spammers some. If not, please send me a private message on the board and I'll see what else can be done.

Sorry I haven't been monitoring the site as closely as I used too - I had been living in kentucky temporarily and the internet connection is just barely better than dialup so my desire to visit my daily dose of websites was near zero. I've re-relocated to KC again (though I'm back in KY now for a week) and my ability to monitor things more closely will increase very shortly :)

-Rich
KangaMINI
KangaMINI
Website Admin
Website Admin

Post by KangaMINI »

By the way - that weird post is apparently dialogue or something from Diablo III - I ran it by a friend of mine who is an über-nerd and he identified it almost immediately. I think I need less geeky friends.. hehe
KangaMINI