VELOCITY TV

Non-MINI/Mini discussion
DA MINI
MINIAC
MINIAC

VELOCITY TV

Post by DA MINI »

Just discovered this station on Time Warner #1144. Reruns of OverHaulin, DVAP, Boyd Coddington and more. Several shows I've never seen or heard of.
English show that buys & refurbishes older cars. They did a Mini City 1000. New seats , wheels and a full carbon fiber wrap plus a few mechanical fixes.
Very cool!
Mr. F56
Minidave
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: VELOCITY TV

Post by Minidave »

Yep, been watching this channel for years now, in fact since some of these shows were first broadcast!

Wheeler Dealers is fun, ol Mike is pretty good at sniffin out a deal, isn't he? of course, if they added Edd's labor into the cost they'd be upside down on every one they did - but the point of the show is that the average DIYer could do the same thing.

It'll be interesting to see where Speed goes now that it's lost the F1 broadcasting rights to NBC, wonder if they will finally fulfil their destiny and become the NASCAR channel in entirety!

for those Top Gear enthusiasts among us, Motoring Alliance has a whole section devoted to this show, where you can download and watch (for free) every Top Gear since the dawn of TG. Some of those early shows from the 80's are pretty funny, where they wax poetic about some Ferarri or other supercar with 200 hp! :lol:
Hi! My name's Dave!

'09 LB/LB Clubman S - "Max"
89 Mini "Racing Green"
94 SPi Project (The Hot Rod)
Hagar46
MINIAC
MINIAC

Re: VELOCITY TV

Post by Hagar46 »

Love all these car shows on Velocity and Speed Channel and BBC. Been watching them for years also. Occasionally see MINI Cooper S road course racing on Speed Channel! :D
George

03 Cooper, Silk Green, CVT, ProMini CAI, Borla Exhaust, Schroth 4-pt Harness, Sportlink Hitch, 277,000+ miles, R.I.P. :(
06 MCS automatic, Chili Red w/white roof, 115k miles, Monte Carlo Rallye decals. :chili: